Gretsch Garage Sale

FS/FT: ‘05 Gretsch Spectra Sonic

Hi All I have a great ‘05 Gretsch Spectra Sonic for sale or trade. This was owned by a couple of forum members. One being one of our favorite tone gurus/inventors/builders. This was originally used to test out pickups and has been routed. It currently has TV Jones Spectra Sonic single coils in it and sounds wonderful. Comes in appropriate TKL case. I wouldn’t sell at all but my church amp went out and I need to source one. I’d be willing to trade for an amp (5e3 or one with reverb and trem) or sell for sold shipped. Feel free to contact me at Travis L Johnson at aol dot com

I'm pretty sure that time will show this guitar must pass through every member of this Gretsch community. It is foretold in the prophecy!

What do you mean, it’s been routed? Is it hollow under the pick guards?

What do you mean, it’s been routed? Is it hollow under the pick guards?

– drmilktruck

It appears to be that the pickup routes are a little deeper and slightly larger from having TK smith pickups at one point. This was all done before I purchased it.

It appears to be that the pickup routes are a little deeper and slightly larger from having TK smith pickups at one point. This was all done before I purchased it.

– Travis Johnson

Thanks. Good luck with the sale. I owned one of Tavo’s Spectras too (not this one though.)

Paul Shannon owned it, then I used it for a million different setups mostly for pickup testing, then Edward Misk bought it.. Lots of tonez in this baby!. btw.. who did the awesome pickupgards??

Paul Shannon owned it, then I used it for a million different setups mostly for pickup testing, then Edward Misk bought it.. Lots of tonez in this baby!. btw.. who did the awesome pickupgards??

– TheNocturneBrain

The guy I got it from on Reverb had those made. Great guitar. Very nice neck on it.

That's way cool!

Any particular amp you're looking for?

That's way cool!

Any particular amp you're looking for?

– crowbone

Looking mainly for 6V6 or 6L6 based but open to other configurations

telling myself: I don't need it. I don't need it. I don't need it. I don't need it.

Damn I'm tempted to buy it again just to say I did!

Also comes with these unused white pickguards for the tuxedo look. Plastic still on them. Final Price drop to 850 shipped

Also comes with these unused white pickguards for the tuxedo look. Plastic still on them. Final Price drop to 850 shipped

– Travis Johnson

how can I reclaim this guitar from you? :)

Nice guitar. Do you have any pictures of the guitar without those pick-guards?

Nice guitar. Do you have any pictures of the guitar without those pick-guards?

– AllModCons

here's how it looked once upon a time before the routing for TK Smith pkups. I shot the pickguard in various sparkle colors over the yrs prior to the double pickguard love (red, green and in this pic blue)

here's how it looked once upon a time before the routing for TK Smith pkups. I shot the pickguard in various sparkle colors over the yrs prior to the double pickguard love (red, green and in this pic blue)

– TheNocturneBrain

That’s how I remember it. Best looking Spectra Sonic ever.

Still available and on sale today for 750 shipped.

Register Sign in to join the conversation