Gretsch Garage Sale

FS: “vintage” Brain Seltzer circa ‘09 :) :)

If you want a little piece of my goofy history, this pedal is pretty dang perfect an example. I started Dec 2008, and was in full swing w ONE pedal by late spring 2009. Whats really fun about these early boxes is that the logos that I fashioned from the Stardust hotel in Vegas (long gone) were made for me by the sound guy FROM the Stardust hotel. They were water decals that he made as his retirement gig.The pedal boxes were made in NY from melted down alum engine heads at a foundry, then die cast and drilled. I gave the pinstriper / painter guitar lessons in exchange for his work and then my son (then 13) would build the circuit boards from Tandy hobby store boards. Shortly after this period, the painter's father got sick and he wasnt willing to keep up production so I learned how to shoot paint and started applying vinyl graphics under clear coat.. but this'n is the first style that every existed. I've got my #00 so I dont need #106. It can be yours for $250 shipped.

Ah. I still have my polished aluminum Atomic Brain in that case. Think I’ll hold onto it, if you don’t mind.

Ah. I still have my polished aluminum Atomic Brain in that case. Think I’ll hold onto it, if you don’t mind.

– Proteus

I wish I would have kept one of those

Those were the best pedal boxes, wish I'd stocked up at the time

Register Sign in to join the conversation