Gretsch Garage Sale

FS: Original 1955 & 1956 Gretsch Guitar Catalogs

I bought a trunk load of old musical instrument catalogs & ephemera decades ago when a music shop closed. Now getting around to moving them on. Among the 100's of assorted 1950's & 60's Fender, Gibson, Martin, Epiphone and Guild catalogs, were several old but pristine GRETSCH CATALOGS from the 1950's & 1960's. Here are a couple from the 1950's. They are identical but one sports a 1955 date and the other a 1956 date. Both are 18 pages. If you're lucky enough to own a 1955 or 1956 Gretsch guitar, one of these catalogs would certainly be a nice complement to your guitar!

$85 per catalog + shipping...fair enough? I hope so.

Here are a few of the other Gretsch catalogs from the 1960's. Prices range from $35-$85 depending on which one.

And Fender!

– rocknroll

Fender dudes will be all over that stuff.

What is the month on the '56 Gretsch catalogs?

The 1956 Gretsch catalog has an October month on it.

Here's some of the Guild catalogs.

What is the month on the '56 Gretsch catalogs?

– lx

The first time Gretsch did a mass release of this Guitars for Moderns catalog they had it inserted into copies of Downbeat Mag. in Nov. of 1955. They did it again in Oct. 1956 with Country Western Jamboree mag.

How much for the 1963 Gretsch catalog?

I had six of these 1963 Gretsch catalog no.31 and have sold five already for $80 each. They were all like new...never distributed...sitting in a filing cabinet untouched for 50+ years! I only have one left...it's the only one in that bunch which included a separate Nov 1963 Price List. Both pieces are in excellent, like-new, condition and I'd like to keep the catalog & price list together so the price will be $100 + shipping. If condition is not important to you, you might be able to find this catalog for a little less? But not likely with the separate Price List in like new condition! Email me direct for fast response if interested before someone else. My contact info is noted in another post.

The first time Gretsch did a mass release of this Guitars for Moderns catalog they had it inserted into copies of Downbeat Mag. in Nov. of 1955. They did it again in Oct. 1956 with Country Western Jamboree mag.

– kc_eddie_b

Yup, I just got the '56 last month -- for $85. Just had to have the Clipper debut and resulting cover misinformation. Do the '56 Gretsch catalogs Rocknroll is selling have "Country Western Jamboree" on the cover page near the date?

After all of these years of collecting-- I finally splurged and got the 55' catalog.

Wow. Amazing condition. Great ephemera from the golden age.

Thanks 1x and Gasmoney for their purchases and considerate feedback. I still have a few 1955 and 1956 Gretsch catalogs left and about 50 of the "pre-CBS" 1955-1965 Fender catalogs left! Email me if interested?

Several have asked whether the 1955 or 1956 Gretsch catalogs contains any amplifiers,? Yes they do. Both catalogs are essentially identical except for the dates.

Time for a summertime bump 'cause I still have a few left!

Just received my Gretsch catalog from Nov, 1955 from "rocknroll". I've been collecting catalogs on and off for probably 20 years. This catalog is completely original IMO. Fast and easy to deal with, no muss no fuss. Thanks

Thanks Norm for the considerate feedback. I've got a couple of these 1955 catalogs left but only ONE 1956 catalog! Let's see who wants it?

Post Labor Day bump. I still have a few old Gretsch catalogs left and about 50 original and undistributed 'pre-CBS' Fender catalogs.

Register Sign in to join the conversation