Gretsch Garage Sale

FS: mid-‘60s Bassman cab

I am selling a mid-60's Bassman speaker cabinet. Please see the link to the Reverb.com ad here: Fender cabinet for the photos that show condition. There are a couple holes in the grillecloth and also a couple of snags. There are some scuffs and scrapes on the tolex. All hardware is present - hold down thumbscrews, tilt-back legs, logo, etc. The metal bits have some surface rust.

This cabinet is 32" x 21" x 11 1/2". The hold down thumb screws are 23" apart on center so won't work for the Bandmaster head which is 24" wide.

The cabinet contains 2 - 12" speakers wired for 4 ohms. The speakers were replaced prior to my ownership with square magnet speakers from mid-1980. I’m not familiar with speaker EIA code ‘91’ as stamped on the speaker. The speakers work, but honestly don't sound the best, they are a bit muffled sounding. They do not appear to be blown and there was no buzzing when I tested it. Consider this an empty cab into which you can install your preferred speakers or a project to have the originals refurbished/reconed if necessary.

Due to the size and weight of this item, local pickup is preferred and strongly encouraged. It is located in the Reading, PA area, about 60 miles northwest of Philadelphia. I can meet to deliver within an hour drive of Reading. Shipping is available at buyers expense if absolutely necessary.

Due to replaced speakers, price reduced here to $375 plus shipping cost of up to $100, continental USA only.

Bump for new info (replacement speakers) and lower price.

Register Sign in to join the conversation