Gretsch Garage Sale

SOLD: Guild Newark Street Aristocrat w HS Case

I'm selling my Guild Aristocrat reissue, asking $725 USD plus actual FedEx shipping costs to your location. It is in like new condition and comes with the OHSC.

What is the nut width on this re-issue?

That's a serious steal. These are superb guitars, guys.

If I didn't have one, I'd be all over that. I'm half-tempted anyway, just to always have a spare.

What is the nut width on this re-issue?

– geoguy

I don't have precision measuring tools, but it appears to be 1.650". The Guild web site shows the nut width of the current Aristocrats as 1.685", but I really doubt that's the nut width on this guitar. The serial number is KSG1300499. I believe that means it was made in 2013, but I could be wrong.

Just to be clear, this is the Korean made Newark Street model.

NS Guilds are great guitars. I love my NS Guild X175B. Overall quality is excellent and they get all the little details right. The Franz pu's sound great and the bridge saddles are even radiused to match the 9.5" fretboard radius. They even come with nice TKL HSC's. They are a good deal at new prices, but that Aristocrat is a steal at 725.00.

I think I'm reasking a known question, but is there a way to put a bigsby on these? Is a too-shallow break angle really a big deal?

I have a gold one. A Bigz would make it perfect.

In any case that's a nice price on the sunburst and I love mine. It's the lightest guitar i own and has a very bright cutting tone. PUPs are a little noisy at band volumes but it does cut! I get compliments all the time on the look and tone.

That's a great guitar at a good price. Good luck with the sale. I'd agree the neck is more like 1 5/8.

I think I'm reasking a known question, but is there a way to put a bigsby on these? Is a too-shallow break angle really a big deal?

I have a gold one. A Bigz would make it perfect.

In any case that's a nice price on the sunburst and I love mine. It's the lightest guitar i own and has a very bright cutting tone. PUPs are a little noisy at band volumes but it does cut! I get compliments all the time on the look and tone.

– Dave Schonenberg

Dave,

I asked this question over at GuildTalk.com a couple of days ago and no one has responded. You might watch this thread: Bigsby on Aristocrat???

You can fit a B7 style on it.

Caliban:

Tried contacting you through the site, but I don't think it's working. Could you give me a shout?

mdevito493@aol.com

Thanks md

You can fit a B7 style on it.

– Afire

This post on Let's Talk Guild indicates a B3 or a B7 will work. I have no personal experience; just passing this along.

Bigsby on an Aristocrat

Caliban:

Tried contacting you through the site, but I don't think it's working. Could you give me a shout?

mdevito493@aol.com

Thanks md

– mad dog

I got your message and will reply.

Bump for a great guitar at a great price.

Still available. Buy it in time for Christmas.

Bump. This is a great price for this guitar and HSC.

Fine looking guitar, been eyeing it for a while.

Did someone say Bigsby on an Aristcrat?

– Billy D Light

Are they all yours?

Should've got that old Bluesbird at Sater's.

Are they all yours?

Should've got that old Bluesbird at Sater's.

– crowbone

I remember that one at Saters, these are El Touche's BTW.

It sat there forever at $500.

I took that pos Rally over that.

– crowbone

WTF were you thinking aboot?? lol

– crowbone

– Billy D Light

In retrospect, I remember feeling that Guild couldn't have been any good, with it's next to nothing weight.

Idiot.

Register Sign in to join the conversation