Gretsch Garage Sale

FS: Gretsch G6128T-TV-TM *** SOLD ***

SOLD

REALLY pains me to do this as I drooled over this guitar until I got it. I'm a hollowbody guy plain and simple. Got this Jet as it was a VERY limited edition. Only 16 produced with this Tiger Flame top.

I've added a chrome Chet Wire Arm Bigsby but the original will also be included in the case.

Pics show a Compton bridge, but the TRU-ARC bridge is installed on the guitar now.

$1800 plus shipping

Here's the specs:

That Great Gretsch Sound—with a snarl! The special limited-run Flame Power Jet is the classic Duo Jet modified to a new sonic level. The Gretsch G6128T-TV-TM Power Jet guitar is a hard rocker in a classic Gretsch package. The electric guitar sports a single-cutaway semi-hollow mahogany body that's super lightweight, a flamed maple top with a Western Maple Stain finish, one-piece mahogany neck with Neo-Classic thumbnail inlays, high-output TV Jones Power'Tron pickups, Gretsch Bigsby tremolo, chrome hardware, Sperzel locking machine heads, Schaller strap locks, and a Tru-Arc™ aluminum rocking bar bridge machined to match the true radius of the fingerboard. Includes Gretsch G6238 deluxe hardshell guitar case.

TV Jones PowerTron The PowerTron produces strong midrange presence and high output while retaining the sparkle and bass note clarity of the TV Classic pickup.

Tru-Arc™ Rocking Bar Bridge The Tru-Arc™ bridge rocking bar on the Flame Power Jet is cut from aluminum tubular stock, bent to a continuous radius to match the fingerboard, then precisely machined for even string height and consistently adjustable action across all strings. The result: unsurpassed response and feel.

Features:

• Series: Professional Collection

• Color: (850): Western maple stain

• Category: solid-body guitars

• Body style: single-cutaway

• Finish: gloss urethane

• Top: arched laminated flamed maple

• Back and sides: semi-hollow mahogany body

• Neck: 1-piece mahogany

• Fretboard: ebony

• Machine heads: Sperzel locking tuners

• Pickups: 2 TV Jones Power'tron pickups

• Controls: volume 1. (neck), volume 2. (bridge), master volume,

• Bridge: True-Arc™ Bullet (Aluminum)

• Tailpiece: Gretsch Bigsby tremolo (CHET ARM INCLUDED ALSO)

• Hardware: chrome-plated

• Case: G6238 deluxe hardshell guitar case, p/n 0996410000

• Unique features:

• Neo classic "thumbnail" inlay position markers

• bound fingerboard and headstock

• multiple body binding

• inlaid pearloid Gretsch logo on headstock

• silver plexi pickguard

• knurled strap retainer knobs

• Schaller straplocks

• adjustable truss rod

Mitch! What are you DOING?/?????? 8-o

...Oh...just being me ... MAD AS A LUNE ! 8-o

Mitch, I have no problem with you horse-trading guitars. Sometimes you have to go through several of them to figure out just what you really want.

But, what I can't figure out is...you removed a Tru-Arc™ rocking bar bridge on your Bigsby-equipped guitar and replaced it with a static, non-rocking Compton bridge? 8-o

Nevertheless, congratulations to you on making a very quick sale.

Ric, The pic with the Compton was when the guitar was mine. The Tru-Arc was reinstalled just before I sent it to Mitch.

BTW, do you need a Ric6string?

Then my question should have been directed to you, dgshooter. :D

What 6-string are you selling?

Ahem...maybe time for a FS thread on the RIC ? ;-)

I was hoping it might be a 360/6JG like Bonedaddy's new one!

Mitch, Are you and I long lost brothers? Your guitar swapping habits are eerily similar to mine.

I haven't made an official post about it but I just bought my 2nd 6122-1959. So I may be worse then you as in I'm buying things back I once sold off!

Damn, dg, i was hoping I could be a repeat customer on that Jet, lol. Dont need a Ric, though, sorry...

Sounds like the new owner is a happy man ! She arrived safe and sound today.

Register Sign in to join the conversation