Gretsch Garage Sale

FS: Gretsch 6119-1962HT Tennessee Rose

Bump, to echo RickBob's sentiment! Love me some HiLo Tenny . . . and so should you at this great price.

One very nice feature of this guitar is the Electrotone body style. The body is thinner and just feels different in your arms than a 6120 or similar deeper-bodied Gretsch guitar. And the single coil HiLos have a sound of their own. I have one of these and always enjoy playing it.

Pretty guitar. Just to state the obvious....... have you thought about reducing the price until you find a buyer?

The delete button strikes again.

– Don Birchett

It is the worst. No photos. No info about what it sold for. Nothing. Argh.

The delete button strikes again.

– Don Birchett

Ha!

Whenever I see this happen, I listen closely, and I think I can hear Bob cringe all the way from California!

Ha ha, John. You don't have to listen very hard now, do you? You know that it is happening!

I'm going to start posting threads deliberately designed to lure in comments from Ric12string and then delete my OP. I'll have him in the madhouse in no time.

Was this the one with Falcon binding, catseye soundholes, Burns vibrato, and an armrest?

Was this the one with Falcon binding, catseye soundholes, Burns vibrato, and an armrest?

– Proteus

No, that one was a Teneburns Falconcat. This one was a Tenetele with vintage pickup trucks on it

OK.........I apologize! I was only trying to get rid of the #$%&*!!!! ad to free up some room on the website. If I'd had known you guys were going to have this much fun with it, I would have done it on purpose!

vintage pickup trucks on it

With MUDFLAPS?! And I MISSED it?

Come AWN, man! Pics or it didn't happen!

Hey Ya’ll,

Yesterday FedEx delivered a most awesome 2005 G6119-1962HT that I purchased from the one and only Fretz. It is a beautiful guitar and the color is stunning. A quick tuning and I was all ready to rock.

But, unfortunately, the nut came off in transit, and the Bigsby hinge pin broke, which skewed the Bigsby off to the side, pulling the bridge with it!

I reglued the nut and ordered a hinge pin, so I should be able to get my George Harrison going in no time.

More photos to come when it’s all put back together.

I think I gots me some Tenny Love!

And there's no mystery about that!

I'm going to start posting threads deliberately designed to lure in comments from Ric12string and then delete my OP. I'll have him in the madhouse in no time.

– Afire

I already am there, afire! It's my permanent address.

Those FedEx people told me they'd be gentle! (That guitar has my Mojo on it............that's probably why the pin broke). It was a pleasure dealing with Hoot Owl. He's top notch.

Register Sign in to join the conversation