Gretsch Garage Sale

FS Gretsch 2009 G6196TSP-2G Country Club

I'm selling the most beautiful guitar I've ever owned or played. 2009 G6196TSP-2G Country Club in Smoke Grey & Metallic Violet. I've decided that I'm more interested in my own guitar creations than in ones I've bought. I've finished four so far this year, with another soon to be done, 3 vintage projects in process and Englishman is working on another for me. So I need to clear room and pay for the ones I'm putting together.

Here's a gallery of more pictures:

https://jameswelters.smugmu...

Excellent condition. Modded with truss rod cover, knobs and switch tips, TruArc glass bridge and Cadillac tailpiece. All original parts included as well so you can reverse what you don't like. Original hard-shell case in excellent condition as well.

GT/GDP Price $2299 plus fully insured shipping to the US only. PayPal or Venmo only.

If you don't want the modded or the extra parts (although I would highly recommend keeping the Tru Arc over the Melita the guitar came with) I can knock off $100, but it'll probably take me 1-2 weeks to ship, as I'll need to take it to my local tech to set it up.

what a beauty!

luck

cheers

Lovely. All the best with it Doc.

Someday i'll get one,i still want a green one though.

Ugh! A Country Club with Dynas!!! - and I'm broke! Oh well.

When you ship it, tape the bridge base down, but put the glass bridge in the accessory pocket. If you need to, ship it with the Melita bridge. Mine was shipped with the glass bridge on the base and the bridge was shattered and there was glass all over my case when I opened it up. Just a precaution worth taking!

Whoa! I'm sorry to hear that, Dan. Message me and tell me more. If I can, I'll replace that bridge.

I've never shipped a glass bridge ON a guitar, but when we ship them by themselves to customers, have never had a problem. The bridges will break if dropped on a hard enough surface from as close as a foot away - but to my knowledge, in the 6 or so years I've sold them, none has ever broken in service on the guitar.

From my experience, you probably should put the SynchroSonic in the pocket as well. The last guitar I got with a Synchro (a new VS DuoJet, last summer), the bridge had been knocked over somehow in shipping, and one of the posts was snapped clean in half. I didn't care, because a brass SerpenTune was going on it anyway - but I am now short a base, should I want to sell the Synchro. (And I would.)

and trying to find a single support would be like trying to find China without a map.

Is this beautiful CC still for sale? I tried sending a PM, but I’m new to the forum and not sure if it made it across.

Thanks, Hart

Is this beautiful CC still for sale? I tried sending a PM, but I’m new to the forum and not sure if it made it across.

Thanks, Hart

– Memphis

PM replied to.

I'm selling the most beautiful guitar I've ever owned or played. 2009 G6196TSP-2G Country Club in Smoke Grey & Metallic Violet. I've decided that I'm more interested in my own guitar creations than in ones I've bought. I've finished four so far this year, with another soon to be done, 3 vintage projects in process and Englishman is working on another for me. So I need to clear room and pay for the ones I'm putting together.

Here's a gallery of more pictures:

https://jameswelters.smugmu...

Excellent condition. Modded with truss rod cover, knobs and switch tips, TruArc glass bridge and Cadillac tailpiece. All original parts included as well so you can reverse what you don't like. Original hard-shell case in excellent condition as well.

GT/GDP Price $2299 plus fully insured shipping to the US only. PayPal or Venmo only.

If you don't want the modded or the extra parts (although I would highly recommend keeping the Tru Arc over the Melita the guitar came with) I can knock off $100, but it'll probably take me 1-2 weeks to ship, as I'll need to take it to my local tech to set it up.

– drmilktruck

do not ship with the glass bridge on, the one on my DuoJet cracked in shipping when it was shipped to me!

this might be the single most difficult decision of my entire life

Register Sign in to join the conversation