Gretsch Garage Sale

FS: Atomic Brain Mini version now avail for order

I have given in to the "smaller" box fashion and am willing to smash my fingers installing circuits into cramped boxes if it will save you some board space.You might need pointed boots.

Atomic Brain Mini version now avail for order on my site

http://thenocturnebrain.com...

smart move my man!!

cheers

Tavo, you need to make a switch less version. There's no need to ever turn it off.

Plus 1 to NeoJ4zz's suggestion.

Hey Tavo, do you have a version on which you have 2 pedals in one, like a dyno brain that would stay on all the time as a transparent clean tone enhancer and another switch + gain knob that would act like a distortion pedal, sort of like a gain pedal but with that holy nocturne grit? Like a all in one? A duo brain sorta...

Left side, right side?

Tavo, you need to make a switch less version. There's no need to ever turn it off.

– Neoj4zz

That's a great suggestion. Just one 3PDT switch for the boost and a toggle at the top for bypass (if desired). You could then fit it into and even smaller enclosure!

didn't work with my shoes.

I think that this is a good move, Tavo. Pedal boards for many people had become huge and anything which reduces that size and weight is a great idea.

Hey Tavo, do you have a version on which you have 2 pedals in one, like a dyno brain that would stay on all the time as a transparent clean tone enhancer and another switch + gain knob that would act like a distortion pedal, sort of like a gain pedal but with that holy nocturne grit? Like a all in one? A duo brain sorta...

– Porky

I have a new mini size pedal almost ready to go called the Shrunken Brain, it will have a Dirty Fet boost side, instead of the Atomics Abby mode. Literally a second preamp circuit built into it.

@Neoj4zz my first plan was exactly that but people need an escape hatch I could try this

I really like this idea. Will the boost side be enough to go into a psychobilly freakout?

BTW your pedal names rock!

You know us tone freaks, we love options.... You can market those 'pee brains' to go with smaller 5w amps....if you use the name, I want #1

yeah but can you plug it into your guitar!!..hahaha

cheers

I remember those hehe!!

btw.. a forum member sent me his Gretsch to install the very first Brain preamp INTO his guitar.

like the ol' gretsch superaxe..comp and phaser built in..and they sounded killer!!

cheers

Love the shrunken brain. Now I can have a brain on my grab-n-go board. I also agree about the switchless version - if need be maybe a mini toggle.

Preamp straight into the guitar heh... very interesting. Would it work like a switch or a knob or... how are you gonna pull this one out?

I remember those hehe!!

btw.. a forum member sent me his Gretsch to install the very first Brain preamp INTO his guitar.

– THE NOCTURNE BRAIN™

If I lived within driving distance to you I would have that done in a HEARTBEAT. That pedal is ALWAYS on when I'm paying.

Oooooo. That Shrunken Brain sounds awesome. I might have to be getting one of theose when they're available!

I've been waiting patiently for the Shrunken Brian, er, Brain.

I havent put it out yet because I'm backed up with orders and need to fill those first. I had a guy that was soldering some of the fuzz pedals and trem boards go awol on me, so I've spent the last 4 months teaching the gorilla how to make 5 new circuits and the wife is cutting boards, got a new company doing our box drilling and powdercoating to because the other box guy just gave up and moved on.. its been a rough year working out setbacks..BUT we are getting stronger. GRRR! :)

Register Sign in to join the conversation