Gretsch Garage Sale

FS: 2011 6196T Country Club

Ok - selling my 2011 CC in Caddy Green. $1795 plus shipping to CONUS. Has an upgraded brass TruArc, bridge is pinned with double sided tape. Solid Spruce top, zero nut, standby switch. Great "big sounding" Gretsch. I have flats on it but if you want more snarl, change 'em out.

Very clean, no big dings, rash etc.

Very nice guitar. Best of luck.

Solid spruce top? Be careful because the laminate police will be coming by most anytime now.

I'm here Bob. Won't go into again and poke the hornet's nest Lam, but we've established this past year that the reissue CC's have a laminate top. Gretsch literature says it's a 'solid' top but their version of the definition of 'solid' doesn't meet the true definition of the word as applies to a guitar's top.

Doesn't mean it takes anything away from the guitar as its being a 3 piece laminate is actually the preferred build technique for the top of an amplified hollow/semi-hollow guitar. It's the semantics at play here over the use of the word 'solid'.

Your guitar looks lovely and is a good price. Hope it sells for you.

I'm here Bob. Won't go into again and poke the hornet's nest Lam, but we've established this past year that the reissue CC's have a laminate top. Gretsch literature says it's a 'solid' top but their version of the definition of 'solid' doesn't meet the true definition of the word as applies to a guitar's top.

Doesn't mean it takes anything away from the guitar as its being a 3 piece laminate is actually the preferred build technique for the top of an amplified hollow/semi-hollow guitar. It's the semantics at play here over the use of the word 'solid'.

Your guitar looks lovely and is a good price. Hope it sells for you.

– Windsordave

yeah but it's really solid laminate No problem

BTW, Idon't mind driving a bit if someone is really interested to make something happen. Thanks for looking.

Weekend bump

Register Sign in to join the conversation