Gretsch Garage Sale

SOLD! - 2006 Country Club • The “Oops” model

That’s right! The famous Gretsch G6193 • 2006 Country Club • Natural Spruce Top “Oops” Model w/Dynasonics.

After much gnashing of teeth and (less dramatic) furrowing of brow, I have made the decision to sell my best playing, best sounding guitar. Let’s just say that I have gone well over budget on guitars the last couple of years. It’s time to reconfigure my collection to a more sensible size.

Here is the ad from which It was bought. Here you can see some great verbiage about these by our own venerable Proteus. It’s in the same condition as when I received it. I’ll offer it here for awhile before going to Reverb.

Oh man, that is so gorgeous! Must resist...…..!

Oh geez. I shouldn't. I should. I couldn't. Maybe I could. I don't know. I mean, dang.

Wrong pickguard! Now I don't have to!

Prot, pickguards are cheap enough. I considered asking if you wanted to trade for your Caddy Green one. You can keep the pick guard.

I considered asking if you wanted to trade for your Caddy Green one.

Well, that's the problem, innit. I just couldn't see ever letting that one go. But the Oops keeps whispering to me. I have history with the Oops: as far as I know, I was the first to notice a spruce-top natural Country Club. It was hanging anonymously in the Gretsch display at Indiana big-box etailer Woodwinds/Brasswinds when I attended the Hipster Hangout in 200...6, I think? to meet Fred Gretsch and Mike Lewis, and the new Gretsch product manager at his first official Gretsch event, this Carducci cat. Met JeffO. I espied the Oops, didn't think much about it, assumed it was a new vintage-chasing model. I don't think I even asked about it that day; that would have drawn it to Mike's attention, and he would have known there was "no such thing."

It was when reporting on the event that I mentioned having seen a spruce-top natural Dyna Club. Eventually my delusional vision was corroborated.

So I keep thinking I should have one, that they're going to be extra-double more valuable some day. But every time one is available, I remind myself that I already have a spruce-top Club from exactly the same era...that I can't let go because it's The Best Guitar In The World.

Thus am I stymied and conundrummed.

I love Blondes...

I have space for 5-6 more guitars if I stack 3 high, but until I get my long overdue Gretsch Amp back from restoration I am in a holding pattern.

I know it won't last that long...

Are you sure that is one you want to sell?

Yes, it is the best guitar in the world. So’s the Oops, so you’d still have the best guitar in the world, just less green.

Green, though. CADILLAC green. I have history with that color.

Just think. You could have the two best guitars in the world. Think about who or what you could sell.

Thus am I stymied and conundrummed - Proteus

So, it's Tuesday for you?

Green, though. CADILLAC green. I have history with that color.

– Proteus

Resistance is futile...

See, what could sound better than that?

What, I ask you.

Sorry for the multiple posts, phone connection is dodgy... The oops model I had was one of the best guitars I ever owned. Miss it dearly. Hope this finds a good home!

It truly is the best guitar I have ever had. Perhaps I should take some lessons so I can be worthy of keeping it.

I considered asking if you wanted to trade for your Caddy Green one.

Well, that's the problem, innit. I just couldn't see ever letting that one go. But the Oops keeps whispering to me. I have history with the Oops: as far as I know, I was the first to notice a spruce-top natural Country Club. It was hanging anonymously in the Gretsch display at Indiana big-box etailer Woodwinds/Brasswinds when I attended the Hipster Hangout in 200...6, I think? to meet Fred Gretsch and Mike Lewis, and the new Gretsch product manager at his first official Gretsch event, this Carducci cat. Met JeffO. I espied the Oops, didn't think much about it, assumed it was a new vintage-chasing model. I don't think I even asked about it that day; that would have drawn it to Mike's attention, and he would have known there was "no such thing."

It was when reporting on the event that I mentioned having seen a spruce-top natural Dyna Club. Eventually my delusional vision was corroborated.

So I keep thinking I should have one, that they're going to be extra-double more valuable some day. But every time one is available, I remind myself that I already have a spruce-top Club from exactly the same era...that I can't let go because it's The Best Guitar In The World.

Thus am I stymied and conundrummed.

– Proteus

That guitar at Woodwinds - Brasswinds was my introduction to Gretsch.

Played it one day while waiting out an ice storm that was passing through the area, during a drive home from a work trip in the midwest.

At the time I saw & played it, it was mislabeled on a hang tag as an "RHH" model. Not knowing better, I simply filed those initials away in my memory & resolved to find out more about it later.

It was my favorite electric guitar that I noodled on that afternoon. And I was there for hours, plinking away on almost every guitar in the store while I waited for the storm to pass.

Good luck with the sale, Bob Howard . . . "would if I could".

That is one gorgeous guitar!

You really should take more lessons and keep it!

I really hope someone here gets this,sadly it won't be me,i'm 3,372 miles away.

Thanks, JC. I’m hoping someone here buys it, too.

Bob, check your FB Messenger please, suh.

The “Oops” has had “dibs” placed upon it.

Congrats to buyer and seller.

Hey I want to try that Squier Duo Sonic of yours

Register Sign in to join the conversation