Gretsch Garage Sale

FS 1964 Fender Deluxe

Up for grabs a nice Fender Deluxe amp. Has been updated with new caps and three prong chord. I have the original speaker that has been re coned, either one can go with the amp. Buyers choice. All original transformers. Nice strong amp with a few nicks. Have a look at the photos not a museum piece but a great amp. I have more to photos message me if you want them thanks $2000

Ryan, I wish that you were close enough to me to enable me to look at this one and play through it. I have been looking for a vintage Fender.

And that IS a vintage Fender!

Yep, I understand that. That is why I would like to test drive it.

This amp has made a few roundups, it made it to Baltimore and perhaps one of the NJ Roundup. I can’t remember. It’s been backline for the GWN Roundups. Solid amp but I have my eye on something else

you already have a handmade blackface fender deluxe though.. :)

– THE NOCTURNE BRAIN™ (actually loves hippies)

You are right. And I love how it sounds. But, it doesn't say Fender on it and doesn't look like a Fender Deluxe. People in the genre are hung up on how the amp looks, as well as how it sounds.

Also, I am open to larger amps than a Deluxe. Got a Bassman? Got a Super Reverb?

You are right. And I love how it sounds. But, it doesn't say Fender on it and doesn't look like a Fender Deluxe. People in the genre are hung up on how the amp looks, as well as how it sounds.

Also, I am open to larger amps than a Deluxe. Got a Bassman? Got a Super Reverb?

– Ric12string

This Deluxe doesn’t say Fender on the amp I have a Bassman actually, it’s a black line Silverface, it’s a 1967 transition amp. Let me know if you are interested

This Deluxe doesn’t say Fender on the amp I have a Bassman actually, it’s a black line Silverface, it’s a 1967 transition amp. Let me know if you are interested

– Gretsch6123

Its not supposed to. 64 is the first year and is often called the "no Logo" deluxe

So that we are clear here, Tavo was referring to my Gretsch Executive when he said that I already have a handmade blackface Fender Deluxe. So, in my response, I was saying that I wanted the cosmetics of a Fender amplifier for what I am currently playing rather than the Executive. But, I do love that Executive. It is a fantastic amp.

Its not supposed to. 64 is the first year and is often called the "no Logo" deluxe

– paul pigat

Yes I figured that out just after I got it, I have a matching Princeton too. Same vintage. I think the Deluxe matches your new to you deluxe Reverb you just got Paul?

I'd rather have the Executive than a no-reverb Deluxe

– Otter

It all depends upon how and where you are using it.

I love the non verb bf/sf fenders. Prefer without the extra gain stage

I have a '65 Blackface Deluxe. These are fantastic amps. Good luck on the sale-- dont think I could part with mine!

I have the same thing but it was built in 65. Crazy cool amps and nothing like a Deluxe Reverb, there's something extra going on in these amps without the verb.

– Otter

I have both and favor my Deluxe. I use a Kahuna with it and can't imagine a better combination.

Yes, these are great amps. I have a '65 non reverb Deluxe as well. I play my '60 Tweed Deluxe more but if I would need a bit more power (or clean headroom) I would go with this one or a combination of the two.
And I agree that these are very different than the Reverb version. Both great in their own way though....

Register Sign in to join the conversation