Gretsch Garage Sale

Free to a Good Home - NOS Gibson Acoustic Bass Strings

Aw come on. What if this is the pack with the golden ticket, and you're whisked away for a visit to the Gibson factory, and at the end of the tour Henry gives you the keys to the plant and makes you The Man?

What if these are the Best Strings Ever?

You can't even give stuff away nowadays. What have things become?

We are awash in consumerist glut. Ain’t nothin’ in the world we need, so we’re all just looking for something to want.

I guess 30-year-old strings for acoustic basses no one has are pretty low on most of our lust lists.

But surely SOMEone has an old Earthwood bass mouldering away on his island of abandoned toys, which would be revived by these strings and remind him of those halcyon days of his youth when he quit the band and started an acoustic duo with the jasmine-scented strawberry blonde songstress who broke his heart later that summer.

Good times.

may i have them please?

You may! Message me your shipping address.

We are awash in consumerist glut. Ain’t nothin’ in the world we need, so we’re all just looking for something to want.

I guess 30-year-old strings for acoustic basses no one has are pretty low on most of our lust lists.

But surely SOMEone has an old Earthwood bass mouldering away on his island of abandoned toys, which would be revived by these strings and remind him of those halcyon days of his youth when he quit the band and started an acoustic duo with the jasmine-scented strawberry blonde songstress who broke his heart later that summer.

Good times.

– Proteus

An imagination gone amok.

Sometimes I have visions, Bob. Someone in the auditorium or viewing audience today had that experience, and the memory haunts him.

Register Sign in to join the conversation