Gretsch Garage Sale

For Sale: Three 1950’s Grover Imperial Tuners, Chrome, Exc. Cond.

I have a filing cabinet FULL of old Grover, Kluson & Waverly tuners which have been in storage for 30+ years from a music shop which closed in 1980. Most of these tuners date from 1930 through 1970. Some complete sets and some singles. Email me if you are looking for any specific tuners.

Here are three 1950's era chrome plated Grover Imperial tuners all for the bass side. These pre-date the USA stamp on later Imperials. All tuners are in excellent cosmetic & functional condition. Note diameter of the string post in the picture.

Selling these tuners for $40 each plus shipping. Email me for quickest response.

Another angle showing the diameter of the string posts.

One of several filing cabinets loaded with old & vintage tuners from the inventory of a closed music shop. Email me if you are looking for something specific.

These tuners are still available. Will delete this posting if no takers.

Any other parts available or just tuners?

Primarily tuners and items related to tuners. Thanks for asking.

Time for a bump before offering these on eBay. Just assumed that the good folks here might appreciate the opportunity?

Do you have a gold plated set of Grover Imperials in the step us style from the 1960's?

Sorry...no 1960's era gold plated Imperials...only a few sets of later ones.

No takers for three CLEAN 1950's era Grover Imperials?

Please do not delete your posts of your sale is unsuccessful. Them we are left with an orphan thread. Just don't do anything with the thread.

Please do not delete your posts of your sale is unsuccessful. Them we are left with an orphan thread. Just don't do anything with the thread.

– Ric12string

Wasn't intending to but thanks for making the point.

My apologies for not seeing your post earlier. For some reason, I did not receive an email alert and I only check the Forum once in a while so my bad! That said, I truly don't know how to answer your question as I've never actively compared all these assorted tuners and, from my experience, tuners are a pretty subjective thing which is why there are so many brands...each to their own! Good luck with your efforts!

Tuners are still available so it's time for a summertime bump.

Register Sign in to join the conversation