Gretsch Garage Sale

For Sale: SET of 1951-1956 Kluson Deluxe TUNERS in EXCCOND.

Complete SET of 1950-1956 era Kluson Deluxe tuners. Standard issue for Gibson Southern Jumbo's and several other Gibson models (such as ES-150, L-50, L-48, etc).

Unlike the vast majority of these 60 year old Kluson Deluxe tuners, this set of tuners has the original celluloid knobs in good condition. No bushings or screws but this is a very nice set and hard to find in this condition. Sets of these 1950 era Kluson tuners typically sell for over $300 (and the celluloid buttons are often dried out & shrunken!)!

My LOW price for Forum members...$250 +$8 shipping in cont. USA.

Reverse side of Kluson Deluxe tuners showing Pat. Appld. 2356766.

Still available. Shop around...I'm pretty sure my price for this set with the original buttons is lower than others selling the sale tuner? Just sayin'.

Just saw a set of these same 1950's era Kluson tuners...but WITHOUT ANY buttons...sell on eBay for $135:

Link

The Kluson tuners themselves aren't that hard to find. The difficulty is finding a set WITH the original buttons because the 60 year old celluloid buttons on these old Klusons, as everyone knows, were notorious for drying, shrinking and disintegrating!! The set I have here HAS the ORIGINAL buttons intact so they are well worth having for that inevitable day when you'll need a set.

Here's a set of the same 1950's Kluson Deluxe tuners listed on the Bay for $300...with the typical 60 year old dried & shrunken buttons: Link

Makes me wonder why the set I'm offering Forum folks here for less money and WITH clean ORIGINAL buttons hasn't been jumped on by someone?

Is that a rhetorical question? Nice keys. Good luck with the sale.

Is that a rhetorical question? Nice keys. Good luck with the sale.

– Bryan K.

Rhetorical, tongue-in-cheek and all in good humor. I don't sell on business sites like Reverb or eBay, which is almost all storefront now, and have much larger buying (and paying) audience so I offer my inventory of old tuners (and catalogs) for much less. The stuff I list here is just a small sample of my tuner inventory. If anyone reading this is looking for a specific tuner or set of tuners, PM me.

Register Sign in to join the conversation