Gretsch Garage Sale

relist

More, still has plastic on the truss cover

More

– Diggey

Educate me please... what 's the arrangement under the guard and the arm rest? Looks like sunburst finished thick wooden spacers or something making the guard and armrest "float". I'm just having trouble seeing how it works for the pix.

nice!!!

last time i saw deke d he told me reason why hallmark isn't offering them anymore is cause it was too difficult for the factory to bring it in at the hallmark pricepoint!..ie. it was too good for the money!!

1st generations are a bit heavier in weight...but a great guitar

somebody should snap it up!

luck

cheers

not to detract from sale!!!

but new deke model is cool too

german carve reminds me of burns

cheers

That is beautiful. Never saw one in person. What does it weigh? MD

Well I'm sure the new one's are nice enough, but the one Diggey is selling is in a stratosphere of its own. It's sort of like the "White Falcon" of Hallmarks/Mosrite style guitars.

Good thing annual bonuses don't come out for a couple months or this deal would be done. This is a great guitar at a great price.

Saw Deke playing the heck out of his gold sparkle Hallmark at the Troubador the other night, opening for Marty Stuart & His Fabulous Superlatives.

These guitars sound fantastic, someone should buy this one!

Good thing annual bonuses don't come out for a couple months or this deal would be done. This is a great guitar at a great price.

– giffenf

Gittin' closer and the price is comin' down. Just sayin'.

Good grief. Another thread destroyed. Excuse me while I slit my wrists.

Good grief. Another thread destroyed. Excuse me while I slit my wrists.

– Ric12string

Another "forum suicide", I presume? How Orwellian, essentially making yourself an "unperson" by deleting all your posts. That'll show 'em!

By way of explanation, for today's members and explorers of the future, this guitar has been relisted here-

http://gretschpages.com/for...

It looks for all the world as if it was designed by and for the exclusive use of cult Western Swing pioneer, Salvador Slim.

I have no idea what yinz are referring too or why you have so much involved. I couldn't get my pictures reloaded to this listing. So I relisted it. I'd recommend talking to someone if this is offending you or impacts you that much.

Not offended Diggey. I linked to your new sale thread, directing potential purchasers to your guitar.

Good luck with the sale.

So this isn't a seven month-old thread that suddenly resurfaced with the most recent post prior to Ric12string's being six months ago?

This thread showed up at the top of the New Topics list last night. Presumably, that was because there were some posts deleted. I didn't then, and don't now, believe this was a forum suicide. I thought that the guitar had probably sold and so the OP (who is a good guy from whom I have purchased items in the past) removed the posts so that people would no longer think that the item was for sale. But, what was once an informative post about the Deke model is now just a mess.

I have always objected to the inability on some forums to edit prior posts and have enjoyed the fact that Bax allows posts to be edited. Sometimes when you go back and reread a post, you find spelling or syntax errors and I will typically correct mine when I find them. But, the ability of some (this is not directed towards the OP) to absolutely wreak havoc to threads when they decide to quit the GDP or when they sell an item has me thinking that there may be some merit to not allowing folks to edit after an initial brief period of time.

Register Sign in to join the conversation