Gretsch Garage Sale

For Sale: Hallmark 1st run Deke Dickerson model

For sale is a Minty Hallmark Deke Dickerson. This guitar is a single neck tribute to Joe Maphis and his amazing doubleneck. It's also a modern day roots/rockabilly machine because Deke is the man! The pickups are incredible recreations of the Carvin's found on the Joe Maphis.

The model you see today is from the first run, and it has the fisheye fingerboard fret marker inlays, the handcarved spacers for each pickguard and arm-guard. This also has the gold hardware and the coolest vibe going. Included is the OHSC, the video which only came with the first year runs of the model. It has some cool demos and Deke doing some live shows.

I would love to sell this in person so if you are anywhere close to central Pennsylvania let me know. I will ship if needed. USA only, and I can take more pix if needed. I'd consider trading for cash and a Guild Newark Bluesbird or a Guild Newark Polara 100. $1250 plus shipping and insurance. Link to the site:

http://www.hallmarkguitars....

More, still has plastic on the truss cover

More

– Diggey

Educate me please... what 's the arrangement under the guard and the arm rest? Looks like sunburst finished thick wooden spacers or something making the guard and armrest "float". I'm just having trouble seeing how it works for the pix.

You are correct. Hand shaped. Just showing how much Hallmark took care and paid attention to details on the first run. Some later years did not have them.

nice!!!

last time i saw deke d he told me reason why hallmark isn't offering them anymore is cause it was too difficult for the factory to bring it in at the hallmark pricepoint!..ie. it was too good for the money!!

1st generations are a bit heavier in weight...but a great guitar

somebody should snap it up!

luck

cheers

That is beautiful. Never saw one in person. What does it weigh? MD

For sale is a Minty Hallmark Deke Dickerson. This guitar is a single neck tribute to Joe Maphis and his amazing doubleneck. It's also a modern day roots/rockabilly machine because Deke is the man! The pickups are incredible recreations of the Carvin's found on the Joe Maphis.

The model you see today is from the first run, and it has the fisheye fingerboard fret marker inlays, the handcarved spacers for each pickguard and arm-guard. This also has the gold hardware and the coolest vibe going. Included is the OHSC, the video which only came with the first year runs of the model. It has some cool demos and Deke doing some live shows.

I would love to sell this in person so if you are anywhere close to central Pennsylvania let me know. I will ship if needed. USA only, and I can take more pix if needed. I'd consider trading for cash and a Guild Newark Bluesbird or a Guild Newark Polara 100. $1250 plus shipping and insurance. Link to the site:

http://www.hallmarkguitars....

– Diggey

Im in loooove!!

Well I'm sure the new one's are nice enough, but the one Diggey is selling is in a stratosphere of its own. It's sort of like the "White Falcon" of Hallmarks/Mosrite style guitars.

Im in loooove!!

– THE NOCTURNE BRAIN™ (actually loves hippies)

Tavo, I'm pretty sure that's lust. Just sayin'.

Good thing annual bonuses don't come out for a couple months or this deal would be done. This is a great guitar at a great price.

sorry for the delay. I was finally able to get a second and weigh it. Well, weigh myself with it. So, based on my scale and my weight subtracting the total I came up with 5 different numbers. I averaged them to get to 10.5 lbs. the guitar sounds so great. Someone buy this darn thing.

Price drop bump, $1200 plus shipping

Saw Deke playing the heck out of his gold sparkle Hallmark at the Troubador the other night, opening for Marty Stuart & His Fabulous Superlatives.

These guitars sound fantastic, someone should buy this one!

Register Sign in to join the conversation