Gretsch Garage Sale

NO LONGER FOR SALE: Gretsch G5420T FSR in rare Cadillac Green

Reluctantly putting my limited edition (only 80 of them made) G5420T, in beautiful Cadillac green finish, with gold hardware. Stock blacktop filtertrons are installed, and I will also include a set of GFS Surf 90's (their DeArmond equivalent), that I had bought to install, but the stock blacktops sound excellent, so never bothered to install them.

Guitar is in mint condition, and also comes with upgraded Tru Arc serpentine compensated bridge (will also include the original bridge). The sustain is exceptional, and there was no need to have to modify the pinned bridge. It's a straight drop-in replacement. A deluxe Gretsch hard shell case is also included.

Only reason for selling is that my CNC router requires extensive repairs, so needs must. Due to the necessity of needing funds to repair my machine, unfortunately, l'm unable to consider trades.

I am trying other ways to raise the funds, and so if I'm successful, I will pull the ad and gladly keep the guitar. Asking $1200 USD or nearest reasonable offer.

Many thanks for looking.

Cheers

* First post and can't seem to be able to post pics from my tablet. Will try from my PC and update ad ****

Other than the color, what else sets this one apart from the otherwise stock G5420? The price is telling me that there is something else at play here.

Other than the color, what else sets this one apart from the otherwise stock G5420? The price is telling me that there is something else at play here.

– Ric12string

As I put in the ad, it has had the Tru Arc Serpentune compensated bridge upgrade, and also has the deluxe Gretsch fitted case. The stock 5420's didn't come with a case of any kind.

Not sure what you think is "at play" here, but the asking price is still less than I paid, when you include the addons mentioned. I'm also including a set of GFS Surf 90's (gold and black to match the stock BT's) which were another $75USD, so again, I don't know what you seem to imply is at play.

Also forgot to add that I have paid for an extra year full warranty, from Long & McQuade Music Store Chain (Canada's Guitar Center), which transfers with the guitar to the new owner. If anything goes wrong within that one year period (effective as of yesterday March 14th), it is covered. Not many guitars that I see listed for sale on these pages come with a warranty of any kind.

As I put in the ad, it has had the Tru Arc Serpentune compensated bridge upgrade, and also has the deluxe Gretsch fitted case. The stock 5420's didn't come with a case of any kind.

Not sure what you think is "at play" here, but the asking price is still less than I paid, when you include the addons mentioned. I'm also including a set of GFS Surf 90's (gold and black to match the stock BT's) which were another $75USD, so again, I don't know what you seem to imply is at play.

– Geordie99

No, no, nothing insulting was intended at all. In other words, there must be something else warranting the higher price for a used 5420 and you have explained that in your reply.

Good luck to you with the sale. You can't go wrong with a Cadillac Green Gretsch guitar.

No, no, nothing insulting was intended at all. In other words, there must be something else warranting the higher price for a used 5420 and you have explained that in your reply.

Good luck to you with the sale. You can't go wrong with a Cadillac Green Gretsch guitar.

– Ric12string

Cheers and many thanks for clarifying. I hope that I didn't come off as rude in reply.

In an ideal world, I will be able to generate the repair funds I need, and keep the guitar, because I really do love it. It's barely been touched to be honest, and I, like you, tend to play my Rickenbackers more than the Gretsch. I bought it because it was a limited run of 80 in Caddy Green, and have been more impressed by the build of it - they really did well with this line.

Just out of curiosity, what model of Rickenbacker 12 string do you have? Here's a pick of my pair......

Cheers and thanks again,

I have a 1993 360-12V64 model.

Yours, on the other hand, looks like a 660-12. Am I correct? It appears to have a wider fretboard.

I have a 1993 360-12V64 model.

Yours, on the other hand, looks like a 660-12. Am I correct? It appears to have a wider fretboard.

– Ric12string

Ahhh...the Holy Grail......

My favourite model, and the next one on my list. You certainly are correct, in that mine is a 660/12, and the difference between fretting close to the nut is huge. I had a 360/12BWB, which was the forerunner to your model (they advertised it as the "B" series in the early 80's) and the string spacing was unbelievably tight near the nut.

Not sure if you've left yours stock, but a luthier named Mark Arnquist used to do a nut spacing mod on the models with the smaller width fretboards. The new spacing made it much easier to play near the nut. The instructions (basically the math behind it) is on the Rick Resources board, and well worth doing, if you haven't already.

Absolute beauty that you have there!!!

Not sure if you've left yours stock, but a luthier named Mark Arnquist used to do a nut spacing mod on the models with the smaller width fretboards. The new spacing made it much easier to play near the nut. The instructions (basically the math behind it) is on the Rick Resources board, and well worth doing, if you haven't already. -- Geordie99

Mine has remained bone stock. What is this modification exactly? Are the nut slots spaced closer to the edges of the fretboard?

Was able to sort out the cashflow situation, and I am happily withdrawing the guitar for sale. In fact, I've really grown to love it even more, having played it a lot lately. I've decided to upgrade the pickups to either a set of HS FilterTrons, or a set of TV Jones classics - both sets must be in gold.

If anyone has a set of stock HS FT's, or TVJ Classics, in gold, please let me know what you're asking, and perhaps we can work out a deal.

Cheers and thanks for your time.

Steve

Was able to sort out the cashflow situation, and I am happily withdrawing the guitar for sale. In fact, I've really grown to love it even more, having played it a lot lately. I've decided to upgrade the pickups to either a set of HS FilterTrons, or a set of TV Jones classics - both sets must be in gold.

If anyone has a set of stock HS FT's, or TVJ Classics, in gold, please let me know what you're asking, and perhaps we can work out a deal.

Cheers and thanks for your time.

Steve

– Geordie99

Makes things a bit easier here if you add SOLD or NO LONGER AVAILABLE in the title

Makes things a bit easier here if you add SOLD or NO LONGER AVAILABLE in the title

– 949Norm

@949Norm.............You're absolutely right.......but I haven't got a clue how to ammend the title to include the "NO LONGER FOR SALE' tag.

That is why I posted my last message.........just to give a heads up that its not going to be sold.

Going to see if I can sort out how to change the title now......

Register Sign in to join the conversation