Gretsch Garage Sale

For Sale - Gretsch 1959LTV 6120 Reissue (2007)

Hey there, I'm selling my 2007 6120 LTV model (1959 reissue). Superb example, nice low action, sounds excellent with the TV Jones pickups and plays great. Love the lacquer finish. Comes with OHSC and original bar type bridge & baseplate. Currently has the alloy Bigsby bridge mounted, which really helps the intonation.

Selling this to fund restoring my '63 White Falcon! I'll be sad to see it go.

Here's a link to the Reverb listing - but with their taxes and new higher fees, it's a better deal for everybody directly here. https://reverb.com/item/347...

I'm in the greater Los Angeles area.

This is the best Gretsch model of the last 20 years. I love mine. Good luck with the sale!

That is exactly what I have been looking for. I'm trying to sell my 5420 (with TV Jones pickups), and have to do that first, before that. I'm sure you'll sell it fast. May I ask, what size frets approx. are on there? Good luck with the sale either way.

Thanks, guys. I took it off the market for right now. Enjoying it too much!

CQS,

I have the same model and year....the first batch with the "Chet" pickguard after Gretsch signed a new endorsement deal with the Atkins estate.

The frets are pretty close to period correct small frets. Since I grew up with these on Hofners and 60's Fenders it's one of the things that attracted me to the guitar model.

I don't want to jump on CW's sale but I could be tempted into selling mine if you are interested and he doesn't mind.

By all means, Yavapai!

GLWTS, that's a nice 6120 there. Indeed, I didn't even think about the frets because prior to buying this reissue, I had a really nice original '58 6120, so the frets were obviously the small type.

I must say, I rarely go from a vintage guitar to a reissue, but I did for this 6120 and I've been impressed. The neck is noticeably thinner on the reissue but it's a better overall guitar than the original - and my '58 was a great example, no neck set issues or binding rot at all.

There's something special about a real original single-cut 6120, but for a fraction of the price, the LTV does a very good job.

Register Sign in to join the conversation