Gretsch Garage Sale

For Sale: Freestyle Del Rey Guitar Prototype #1 - $700

This is our first Freestyle Del Rey prototype #1! This could be a collector's item someday...

This was the first guitar we built after designing it. The body has been hand carved, sanded and finished. It is a prototype so there have been a couple of different necks on it along with a few sets of pickups and pots installed. You can see in the neck pocket there is a wooden shim as a result of our attempts to discover the ideal neck angle for our guitars with a Bigsby. This guitar is in good condition but there are dings, scratches, scuffs and the finish around the neck pocket is worn. Nitrocellulose ages very well and all of the aging on this particular guitar is all natural. I personally love it. I've played this guitar live and so have a few of my friends and it sounds and plays fantastic. It's been put through its paces and has come out on top. One of my friends liked it so much he borrowed this guitar for over a year!

Hand Made With Love in the USA using parts sourced in the USA from American companies as much as possible.

Here are the current specs:

• Alder body
  • Maple neck with maple fretboard
  • 24.75" scale length
  • Neck is a C profile, 10" - 16" compound radius, .90" deep at the first fret. It feels similar to a Gibson 50s profile neck.
  • Seymour Duncan Phat Cat P90 single coil pickups that are hum canceling in the middle position
  • 2 CTS 1 Meg audio volume pots and 2 CTS 1 Meg audio tone pots
  • 1 11/16" width at the nut
  • 6105 frets
  • Sperzel locking tuners
  • Switchcraft 3 way toggle switch and jack
  • Bone nut
  • Bigsby B5 with a tuneomatic bridge with no retaining wire.
  • Chrome plated brass knobs
  • Tone-Guard aluminum pickguard
  • Nitrocellulose finish

I'm into it. PM sent w/ questions. My PM has been flaky so let me know if you don't get it or just contact me

rdb at pipeline dot com

Nice guitar, love the body shape.

Nice guitar, love the body shape.

– Hipbone

That's great to hear! Thanks.

That's a pretty cool guitar!

Register Sign in to join the conversation