Gretsch Garage Sale

Feeler: 6129-TL Pearl Sparkle Jet w G cutout

JD, You're right. Great bait, and I'd love to have it.

– crowbone

Crow, I have to follow my own rule...................if I buy one, one has to "leave". Right now, none are leaving.

If I do ever get another Jet, it'll have to be one with a top like this one. They're just SO cool.

(Presently advertised for local pickup in Melbourne, Australia.)

2005 single-cutaway Hollowbody model in near-perfect condition. Light blue drum-type pearloid top and white binding over mahogany body with distinctive, fixed G-cutout tailpiece. Mahogany neck with ebony fretboard featuring neo-classic thumbnail inlays and bone nut. Humbucker pickups are TV Jones Classics within modern (HS) Filtertron casings - a rarely-found modification. Bridge p/u is specially wound for higher, balanced output. White leather pickup rings in place of plastic rings which are supplied but not fitted, as is also the Gretsch pickguard. Compton floating bridge. Controls - master volume, neck pickup volume, bridge pickup volume, all with G-Arrow knobs, pickup selector switch, tone switch. Open-gear tuners are Grover StaTite. The Gretsch hardcase has some minor imperfections but is structurally sound. It contains spare screws for the original p/u rings and pick guard as well as truss-rod wrench.

SOLD (locally in Melbourne) for my fair asking price.

Thanks to all those who showed an interest.

Congrats!

I have found out in the interim that it's a whole lot more to ship guitars to and from Australia then we originally thought....approx. $600 US to New Jersey! Ouch!

I hope whoever got it takes care of it. It's a beauty.

WHAT??!! I backed away from this guitar so that CB could buy it and then he DOESN'T buy it? What is up with that?

WHAT??!! I backed away from this guitar so that CB could buy it and then he DOESN'T buy it? What is up with that?

– Ric12string

Ha!

I feel for ya, Bob!

Your instincts are functioning at a high level today!

Register Sign in to join the conversation