Gretsch Garage Sale

Feeler: 6129-TL Pearl Sparkle Jet w G cutout

...gettin' closer. : )

– Deed Eddy

You know how they say curiosity killed the cat?

Have you met my wife, Curiosity?

no worries!

i hadn't considered the balance issue. i only played them for a couple of minutes sitting down without a strap and didn't notice anything one way or the other. but i suppose that giant headstock could alter things.

the lead vs rhythm thing is interesting. the penguin bites or cuts more? can you expand on that?

– feet

It’s subjective, of course, but, to my mind and ears, the Penguin is more acoustic-sounding. Add to that the brightness of the single-coil Dynas and the end result is formidably faithful to your finesse or, in my case, lack of it. The Jet seems to let me get away with a bit when played clean.

Just out of curiosity, what's the average shipping to/from Australia to/from the US?

– crowbone

Say $US150 or thereabouts.

Say $US150 or thereabouts.

– jeffed

Hmmm...

Are we negotiating?

Are we negotiating?

– jeffed

I'm trying to figure this...if I can.

Well, thanks for your interest, crowbone. PM me if you wanna.

Aussies, specifically Melburnians, be on the lookout for this beauty in the Trading Post in the next couple of weeks if I can bear to part with her.

OK, I'm over the separation complex. Anyone still interested before I advertise? $1300 incl. shipping from here in Oz to wherever you are in the world. That's US dollars.

Merry Christmas all and Happy New Year 2017.

You're killin me, Smalls!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you & yours as well.

You're killin me, Smalls!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you & yours as well.

– crowbone

Smalls?

Smalls?

– jeffed

A movie quote from "The Sandlot" that I use quite often.

OK, I'm over the separation complex. Anyone still interested before I advertise? $1300 incl. shipping from here in Oz to wherever you are in the world. That's US dollars.

– jeffed

Still got her. Too lazy to advertise. The price is still $1300 incl. shipping. I'll consider half down and the balance on receipt of goods for someone with an honest face.

$AUD1500 to Melburnians, local pickup.

Make me an offer I can't refuse.

$1,200 in the states is a steal. I've been looking for one, and I only see them as low as $1,800US.

You're letting it go cheap at that price, so if you include shipping to the states, I'm in!

– crowbone

If that offer still stands, it's a deal, crowbone. Same applies to any other takers. I'll be honest - I need the money.

Seriously tempted if Crowbone doesn't want it.

Hey G4J,

I'm definitely interested.

Just ignore that post above me...heh heh

I honestly thought it would have been sold by now, so I didn't sell any gear to get the funds together, but if you can wait a bit for some cash to come your way, let's do this!

CB, you'd better hurry up and pull your cash together.

Hey G4J,

I'm definitely interested.

Just ignore that post above me...heh heh

I honestly thought it would have been sold by now, so I didn't sell any gear to get the funds together, but if you can wait a bit for some cash to come your way, let's do this!

– crowbone

I haven't bothered to advertise except for putting out a feeler here. But I just forked out a large chunk of moolah to a recording studio and that's added some urgency to the cashflow situation, crowbone. How much time do you need to raid the piggy bank? Mixing metaphors, sounds like Ric12string is chafing at the bit.

It sounds like you'll need the cash faster than I can raise it.

Ric12 will take good care of it, I'm sure.

Take your time within reason, guys. There's no desperate hurry. But first come first served. Let's all chill. : - )

No, let Crowbone buy it. I was merely rattling his cage for fun. If he doesn't want it eventually, I would certainly have an interest.

Like a bunch a circling sharks around here! LOL

Great bait though, as those are my favorite tops on a Jet.

JD, You're right. Great bait, and I'd love to have it.

Register Sign in to join the conversation