Gretsch Garage Sale

Feeler: 6129-TL Pearl Sparkle Jet w G cutout

Offers invited. S & H may limit affordability to Aussie members but all feedback considered. Gimme a minute and I'll add the tech spec page incl. pic. Vid to come if interested. Thanks.

http://gretschpages.com/gui...

$US1200? That's $AUD1600. Hypothetical valuation, anyone?

I believe $US1200 is a fair price. I'm in Europe and that would be a very good deal over here.

I'd be interested, but there is no guitar budget for me right now.

I believe $US1200 is a fair price. I'm in Europe and that would be a very good deal over here.

– Mike2000

Thanks, Mike. I'll advertise locally here in Oz if I decide to sell.

$1,200 in the states is a steal. I've been looking for one, and I only see them as low as $1,800US.

You're letting it go cheap at that price, so if you include shipping to the states, I'm in!

I'd be interested, but there is no guitar budget for me right now.

– Baxter

Hi Bax. Haven't been around for a while. I remember you saying you liked her when I bought her from our friend in Norway. S & H would be a deal breaker for you anyway, buddy. No probs. Cheers, mate!

$1,200 in the states is a steal. I've been looking for one, and I only see them as low as $1,800US.

You're letting it go cheap at that price, so if you include shipping to the states, I'm in!

– crowbone

Aw, s**t. A bird in the hand... Let me sleep on it, crowbone. Maybe we could meet half way on shipping. Chew it over, huh?

I'll post that video asap showing condition (excellent), extras incl. original scratch plate, rings, hardcase, etc.. Meanwhile, need to catch a few more Zzzzs here DownUnder.

Lovely guitar. Too bad you aren't selling this in the States.

Lovely guitar. Too bad you aren't selling this in the States.

– Ric12string

I'm open to persuasion. PM me.

its not what i want, exactly, and i certainly don't need it, and i'm on the wrong continent, but still... maybe i should just stay off the internet for a few days until this whole thing blows over. been after a jet/penguin for a while now (green with dynas) and keep successfully avoiding them.

lets hope someone (else) steps up, and soon! best of luck to you!

its not what i want, exactly, and i certainly don't need it, and i'm on the wrong continent, but still... maybe i should just stay off the internet for a few days until this whole thing blows over. been after a jet/penguin for a while now (green with dynas) and keep successfully avoiding them.

– feet

Thanks, feet. We're literally on the same page. I had a Penguin before this. Wow!

(Pearl Jet location - Melbourne, Australia.)

6.8 pounds (3.1 kilos) uncased and unboxed, LT.

– feet

feet,

tried to PM you about something green....wasn't able to send the pm, got the Aw Nuts message.

jeff- how would you compare/contrast the jet and penguin? any differences aside from the pups? i know there is some ebony involved, but i've never done a side by side.

knoxy- yeah, i got nothing. just post away, i guess. i'm not really in a position to buy, but i like to look.

jeff- how would you compare/contrast the jet and penguin? any differences aside from the pups? i know there is some ebony involved, but i've never done a side by side.

knoxy- yeah, i got nothing. just post away, i guess. i'm not really in a position to buy, but i like to look.

– feet

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you, feet. To me, tone-wise, the Penguin is more of a lead guitar and the Jet more suited to rhythm. But that may just be me. Cosmetically, heaps of differences, of course. Ebony fretboard common to both. I should add that balance due to headstock size/weight is a factor to consider.

no worries!

i hadn't considered the balance issue. i only played them for a couple of minutes sitting down without a strap and didn't notice anything one way or the other. but i suppose that giant headstock could alter things.

the lead vs rhythm thing is interesting. the penguin bites or cuts more? can you expand on that?

Just out of curiosity, what's the average shipping to/from Australia to/from the US?

Register Sign in to join the conversation