Gretsch Garage Sale

Custom Merle Travis style Bigsby Replica

Custom made Bigsby style guitar. This particular instrument is kind of a mashup of Merle Travis' guitar and the 'George Grohs' Bigsby that was owned by RC Allen. It was built by a luthier in Central Ohio who has made guitars that are owned and played by Billy Gibbons, Brad Paisley, Mike McCready, Peter Stroud, Sheryl Crow, Kenny Greenberg, and others. It is not an exact copy, as the body is a little thicker than the originals (and other replicas - plus it's not like there are originals floating around to get specs from). Beautiful woods throughout. Maple body and neck. The body is chambered, with birdseye maple top and back.This is a very comfortable, stable, and usable instrument. Holds a setup, stays in tune, resonates well, and looks amazing. The pickup is a custom made Replica of the original PA blade pickup, and was done by Fred Stuart at Virtual Vintage. Other makers are building similar 'PA Bigsby-inspired' instruments, but they cost about 3X my asking price. Hard case included. Listed on Reverb.com, but would make a deal to a GDP member. Trades considered.

You will generate more interest with more than 3 photos.

More pix needed for 3K price, dump the pix of Brad Paisley.

Notice Brad is not playing his gift from Sheryl Crow. Anyone know if the name is licensed?

A friend is borrowing the guitar. I should have it back in the next day or so, and will post more and better photos.

Just thought I would mention that I personally go back with this poster over 20 years, and he predates me on this board as well. He is an experienced and diverse collector with a keen eye for exceptional instruments. I've done many deals with him over the years and never been anything less than 100% satisfied and then some. You will find him to be a most trustworthy and standup seller.

More photos just uploaded to Reverb listing.

More photos uploaded.

Register Sign in to join the conversation