Gretsch Garage Sale

BST project

WTH is that gunk behind the nut?

It sorta looks like a piece of rope or yarn.

The shape reminds me of the open ends of a hornets' nest. Ugly as hell whatever it is.

looks like that's where a break was repaired. the unevenness is the giveaway, i think, and it looks just like a logical place for a neck break. it's possible that the neck more or less split all the way down to the smurfed-up part shown in photo 3.

Well just putting that basket case up for evaulation. I think DiMarzios were stock in these, but the rumor persists that it was some Japanese bucker used in the TK-300.

looks like that's where a break was repaired. the unevenness is the giveaway, i think, and it looks just like a logical place for a neck break. it's possible that the neck more or less split all the way down to the smurfed-up part shown in photo 3.

– macphisto

Inconclusive without a pic of the back of the neck but yes, possible. Mine looks the same on the back. It's two pieces of wood glued together.

Well just putting that basket case up for evaulation. I think DiMarzios were stock in these, but the rumor persists that it was some Japanese bucker used in the TK-300.

– DCBirdMan

Mine are stock (owned it since new) and I think they're DiMarzios.

Isn't this the neck break, near the middle of the neck?

I still think this looks like rope, etc., when you zoom in on it.

Ha, I missed the part about an existing neck repair. I see what you mean now.

Register Sign in to join the conversation