Gretsch Garage Sale

Brass Compton Bridge with tone chamber= TRADE??

I have a great bridge with spacing (pole and string) that won't fit my Gretsch guitars. I need whatever standard Gretsch spacing is (same as TOM). Would anyone need this? I'd like to trade it for a Compton or Tru Arch that would fit my guitar. Thanks!

chamber....and my hands....sorry!

The spacing is just a tad wider. Maybe work well with Dynasonics?

You should get an exact measurement of the post spacing.

It can be hard to measure with a ruler, and it's certainly difficult to see clearly in the photos above. That's partly because of viewing angles and the bridge's curvature.

If you have a sharp wooden pencil, or a pen with the right taper, just put the bridge on a piece of paper and put the pencil through the holes so that it makes a mark in the center of each hole, then measure the distance between them.

2-29/32” is a common Gretsch post spacing. But there’s no “standard,” either for spacing or post diameter.

It depends on what model Gretsch you have, when it was made, and sometimes which subcontractor an Asian Gretsch factory bought hardware from for a particular run of guitars.

More info would be needed for anyone to know if a bridge they had would fit your guitar - and if the bridge you have would fit theirs.

2-29/32” is a common Gretsch post spacing. But there’s no “standard,” either for spacing or post diameter.

It depends on what model Gretsch you have, when it was made, and sometimes which subcontractor an Asian Gretsch factory bought hardware from for a particular run of guitars.

More info would be needed for anyone to know if a bridge they had would fit your guitar - and if the bridge you have would fit theirs.

– Proteus

can I hazz a brass serpentune w chambers, flat on the bottom w post set screws. 11.75 radius please? This would complete me.

Email unto me, need more details.

Sorry for my delay, I thought this post was dead. I will post some more/better info this weekend. Any interested parties have one with same posts and spacing as a TOM?

Never mind the wife's neatly organized cookbooks...here is a better look at the spacing!

Looks like a 12 radius...guess it's not a great photo angle, but the saddle is matching up.

Register Sign in to join the conversation