Gretsch Garage Sale

BETTIE BLONDESHELL amp by TheNocturneBrain.com, Octal tubed 6G6-B v…

reboot.. The Bettie Blondeshell is a killer amp for Gretsch w the 12" alnico tonetubby & 8" hempcone tonetubby. These work well w Octal tubes in the 6G6-B blonde bassman circuit.

And are your bringing a rockin' Bettie to the Woundup? It sounds like it wants to be heard there.

Very cool amp Tavo. I too am interested in the weight, both versions. And a question ... which rectifier setting did you use in the demo?

Thanks. MD

Very cool amp Tavo. I too am interested in the weight, both versions. And a question ... which rectifier setting did you use in the demo?

Thanks. MD

– mad dog

Mad Dog, This Bettie Blondeshell w its dual speaker combo weighs in at 46lbs (pop out castors add a pound and come stock because I dont lug amps, I roll amps). In the vid, I had the solid state rectififier on, which I feel all hollowbodies prefer for better speaker response w a bassman circuit. For my teles though, I loooove the tube rectifier mode! So there is both!

great idea!! lookin forward to...

cheers

What gorgeous amp, Tavo. It deserves a beautifully lit, full page ad in Vintage Guitar.

Splendid! Great idea with the extra volume, should turn a few heads with the blues chaps too.

Register Sign in to join the conversation