Gretsch Garage Sale

Any recommendations for active free buy/sell guitar equipment sites?

Any recommendations for active free buy/sell guitar equipment sites?

One hates to mention the universally obvious Craigslist.

But really, what's wrong with Reverb? Very low fees (3% maybe?), easy to list, great presentation, superb saturation of the guitar-buying market. Far superior to Ebay in every possible way. Very very active.

I seem to do equally well on Reverb and Ebay -- you never know which it will be. Only thing is occasionally there will be a runaway auction on Ebay and you get more than fixed price listing of Reverb. Rare, but it happens.

Right now it's slow everywhere -- I am hearing this from others.

I seem to do equally well on Reverb and Ebay -- you never know which it will be. Only thing is occasionally there will be a runaway auction on Ebay and you get more than fixed price listing of Reverb. Rare, but it happens.

Right now it's slow everywhere -- I am hearing this from others.

– DCBirdMan

That's my experience too. Reverb is less expensive and it's easier to be found as they only do musical instruments and associated tools. But my experience has been if it doesn't sell quickly, it's likely to sit there for awhile. eBay allows an auction style listing that can make sure it sells for something within a week. If I have an idea of the likely selling price, I'll start on Reverb and if it doesn't sell within a week or two, I'll move over to an auction on eBay starting at the lowest price I'm willing to sell it for and hope for the best.

Register Sign in to join the conversation