Gretsch Garage Sale

Another Goodwill find.

Well I missed that one. It's incredible watching the bids on the site. It's like people aren't doing themselves any favors checking the internet before bidding.

Well I missed that one. It's incredible watching the bids on the site. It's like people aren't doing themselves any favors checking the internet before bidding.

– Suprdave

Some of the bidders may well have believed that they are getting an "amplifier" as advertised that no one has ever seen before. Here is the Mosrite oil can echo made by Morley. Non USA based members will need a VPN set to USA to see any Shopgoodwill listing.

Oh My! this one needs to go to someone here.

– Suprdave

OMG!

That's sweet!

Right? It's so sad she ended up at the Goodwill.

Wow. That’s grail shit for me.

That's an interesting case.

What did the zero say to the eight?

Nice belt.

Yeah the case is odd but that guitar in THAT condition. Somebody had no idea or maybe they did.

Oh My! this one needs to go to someone here.

– Suprdave

I was hoping you wouldn't see this one and draw attention to it here.

But it won't matter, that one will break records.

Wait, It’s missing a string. Deal breaker.

Knavel, if you're bidding on it I'm sure others knowing that here will respect that. It's already up pretty high . I just wanted a GDP'er to have a chance at it. I hope you get it.

Heck, Bob's already out, right?

I was hoping you wouldn't see this one and draw attention to it here.

But it won't matter, that one will break records.

– knavel

Right, hasn't the primary lesson of this thread been that Goodwill auctions are not the place to get bargains?

Right, hasn't the primary lesson of this thread been that Goodwill auctions are not the place to get bargains?

For sure, and my words throughout this thread have reiterated that explicitly or at least implicitly. I didn't say I was a buyer I try to have deference in case someone is. But flagging active sales is the norm. At TDPRI there were half a dozen pages on that 58 Les Paul Special a month or so ago before the sale was over.

This 6131 on offer now is nice. The irritating thing for me is that Burns bit with the early 60s jets. By the end of the 60s the model had my favorite specs, Bigsby and supertrons. But also it's binding rot central by then.

The benchmark here is, as ever, Gary's. $6,500 or so range. I wonder if this one will break $5K.

Goodwill, like pawnshops, were once a great place to find bargains, even rarities sometimes. The Internet killed that.

I wonder if this one will break $5K.

$5,252.51

Definitely not me.

Gee... you don't suppose they were influenced by Fender amp cosmetics on that one, hmm?

– Tartan Phantom

I had one of those back when I first started buying Gretsch stuff. Heavy, loud and noisy. Sold it on quickly.

That's an interesting case.

What did the zero say to the eight?

Nice belt.

– Afire

In my best Dean Martin voice:

"When an eel bites your hand and you bleed on the sand

That's a Moray ..."

I'll be here all week!

I was just surprised to see a brand new guitar in their store.

Register Sign in to join the conversation