Gretsch Garage Sale

Another Goodwill find.

Knobs, pickups, and the bogus thumbnails give it away. You can buy the same identical guitar cheaper elsewhere, not that you'd want to. Caveat Emptor!

I feel for the poor guy that spent this much on that. He should have asked us.

Seeing as people have to compete with the acquisition arm of Gibson Dependable if they want to do a deal like this it would be nice if people kept their mouths shut about sales in progress until after the fact!!

I thought there was an unwwritten rule about this here.

– knavel

Maybe not a rule, but I've always agreed with this sentiment. As a courtesy, if I spot a great deal or potential deal (poorly listed, seller doesn't realize what he's selling, etc.) that I'm not going after, I usually keep quiet. I'd like the person who takes the time and makes the effort to scour the webs for great finds to be the one to make the catch, versus somebody who didn't put in any effort and just happened to be alerted to it by others on a forum. Just my opinion. Others can and do think otherwise.

I think this one is a fake,right?

– Suprdave

Serial # starts with a U ,,meaning U got had.

Serial # starts with a U ,,meaning U got had.

– LA_Manny

Good one, Manny.

Well, it looks like somebody is paying attention. Yesterday this guitar was up to $860.00 and some change and now it's back down to @ $260.00

Hopefully, posting here opened someone's eyes.

That is funny, Manny.

I pity the guy bidding on This

– Suprdave

Ah man, that’s me bidding. Just kidding.

If you moved the decimal one place to the left it would still be overpriced!

I pity the guy bidding on This

Yikes! You ain't kiddin'! And where did the output jack go on that thing..?

Didn't even get dinner and drinks first.

Register Sign in to join the conversation