Gretsch Garage Sale

6122-1959 Hall of Fame

Gorgeous example of one of Gretsch’s flagship premium models! The iridescence of the orange. The flame. The splendor of the thing. The grand pianistic majesty of the tone!

You must post a pic of the back. That’s usually another spectacular expanse of flaming iridescence, and may push someone past all logical resistance.

Shame you have to sell it to get the 6120. I don’t think I’d ever let that one go. I know my stock color 59 isn’t going anywhere.

Does this have the 24.5" scale or the 25.5"?

25.5" scale. Other than the color, these are identical to the G6122T-59.

I have one and can attest that they are glorious guitars!

That is an exquisite looking guitar! Best of luck with the sale.

Beautiful guitar. I love my mere mortal standard one, but the HOF just really stands out. It’s on the bucket list. Good luck.

Beautiful!

I'd never sell that ,if it were mine.

Let it be known that I did not start this thread just to praise a random Gretsch model which popped into my head (or which had been haunting my dreams).

My post, and those thereafter, were prompted by a member's original post annoucing that his example of the title guitar was for sale. The pic attached to the original post, a dramatic 3/4 top view, was stunning, as was a later one of the back of the guitar.

The guitar has now presumably been sold - or the owner decided to keep it. At any rate, he has deleted the posts with the pics, depriving us of its beauty, rendering this thread pointless, and making us all look like blathering idiots for foaming at the mouth at the mere mention of a particular guitar.

I swar tew Gawd.

Let it be known that I did not start this thread just to praise a random Gretsch model which popped into my head (or which had been haunting my dreams).

My post, and those thereafter, were prompted by a member's original post annoucing that his example of the title guitar was for sale. The pic attached to the original post, a dramatic 3/4 top view, was stunning, as was a later one of the back of the guitar.

The guitar has now presumably been sold - or the owner decided to keep it. At any rate, he has deleted the posts with the pics, depriving us of its beauty, rendering this thread pointless, and making us all look like blathering idiots for foaming at the mouth at the mere mention of a particular guitar.

I swar tew Gawd.

– Proteus

Proteus, my bad, I wasn't sure what was best in this instance so I just took my posts off and was about to write an explanation. I had a terrible feeling wash over me as soon as I posted this as possibly for sale. What was I thinking. That is what it took to realize I can't part with it. I will get my 6120-55 some other way. Sorry to spin the wheels, and waste time on the forum, not my intention at all.

Proteus, my bad, I wasn't sure what was best in this instance so I just took my posts off and was about to write an explanation. I had a terrible feeling wash over me as soon as I posted this as possibly for sale. What was I thinking. That is what it took to realize I can't part with it. I will get my 6120-55 some other way. Sorry to spin the wheels, and waste time on the forum, not my intention at all.

– Capricorn

Good on you for both clearing up the posts and keeping the guitar.

– Capricorn

Not a waste of time; that thing is gorgeous.

One somewhat subtle feature I like about this model is that unlike the regular 6122-59 is that it has a painted binding on the f-holes, which allows them to stand out. Small detail but nice.

Yeahman!

It's good all round. The gorgeous pics are back, you came to your senses (thanks to our intervention), and now I look prescient for thinking of a beautiful Gretsch and causing pictures to appear.

Happy you kept her - what a beauty !!

This thread now reads like an extremely short, one-act play.

All's well that ends well.

Keeping this was a good decision. There’s just a somewhat different experience about playing a 6122-1959. As happy as I am with mine, the HOF just seals the deal. Congrats.

Capricorn, a suggestion if I might (as well as for others who complete their sales). At the bottom of your initial post, you have an edit option. Click that and change your title to reflect the current situation, i.e., Guitar Sold, Decided to keep it, Wife let me buy another without selling, etc.

Capricorn, a suggestion if I might (as well as for others who complete their sales). At the bottom of your initial post, you have an edit option. Click that and change your title to reflect the current situation, i.e., Guitar Sold, Decided to keep it, Wife let me buy another without selling, etc.

– Don Birchett

Thanks Don, I would (and tried before) but I had deleted my initial post (won't make that mistake again).

Register Sign in to join the conversation