Gretsch Garage Sale

60’s Gretsch parts lot for sale

Hello All,

I have the following available from a mid-sixties 6120 Nashville. I'd prefer to sell it all at once rather than piece by piece if at all possible. Asking $1500 USD plus shipping for the lot.

Backpad w/snaps (including guitar side snaps and screws); Headstock veneer w/Horseshoe logo; Truss rod cover; Thumbprint inlays; Wiring harness with kill switch, all connecting hardware and switchtips; Set of gold Sta-tites w/ferrules; V Cut out Bigsby; Bar bridge; Chet Atkins pickguard with screws felts, and bracket; Two gold strap buttons w/hangar bolts; Mute button (same as strap button); Three gold arrow thru G knobs; Two Filtertrons. One reads 4.1K, the other is open - will need repair. (Mounting screws are here, but the tops are rusted.); Two gold pickup surrounds. Cracked. One repaired.

Although once gold, the hardware is aged and worn. Some of it is/was lightly corroded, and I have cleaned it off the best I could. (bathed in watch cleaning solution, watch cleaning rinse, and then polished slightly with a fibreglass brush.)

More pics available upon request. I don't have much luck with PMs here. Email me if interested.. Thanks.

gretschguy (at hotmail.ca)

A couple of interesting bits there... but I couldn’t swing the entire lot.

For the money you're asking, the guitar should come with it.

For the money you're asking, the guitar should come with it.

– crowbone

I wasn't gonna say it, but yeah...seems steep.

Hey guys,

As I stated in the "husk" thread, the price I'm asking is based on sales history from Reverb and eBay along with comparisons of some of the same parts being offered by Blackrider and the like. Again, this is an asking price, it's not written in stone. I'm open to offers. I didn't pull the price out of thin air, I looked for comparables for every part. Some I couldn't find (headstock overlay, half moon markers) so I had to start somewhere. I won't break down all the pricing, but I'll show you how fast it adds up. I had priced the pair of Filtertrons at $500 understanding that one needs repair/rewind. (They have sold on Reverb for anywhere between $249-$349ea. There was a pair sold for $749) I had priced the Bigsby out at $225. (The history on the v cut out shows they have sold anywhere from between $199-$249. There's a company selling "aged" ones for $253) The bar bridge I had priced at $100. The tuners at $225 (keep in mind that although aged and worn they're gold, not nickel and have the ferrules) The G knobs I priced at $25ea. Already, that adds up to $1125. I'm not out to screw anyone over. I'm actually pretty easy to deal with and have sold to a few members here without any problems. That all being said, everyone is entitled to their opinion....

Hey guys,

As I stated in the "husk" thread, the price I'm asking is based on sales history from Reverb and eBay along with comparisons of some of the same parts being offered by Blackrider and the like. Again, this is an asking price, it's not written in stone. I'm open to offers. I didn't pull the price out of thin air, I looked for comparables for every part. Some I couldn't find (headstock overlay, half moon markers) so I had to start somewhere. I won't break down all the pricing, but I'll show you how fast it adds up. I had priced the pair of Filtertrons at $500 understanding that one needs repair/rewind. (They have sold on Reverb for anywhere between $249-$349ea. There was a pair sold for $749) I had priced the Bigsby out at $225. (The history on the v cut out shows they have sold anywhere from between $199-$249. There's a company selling "aged" ones for $253) The bar bridge I had priced at $100. The tuners at $225 (keep in mind that although aged and worn they're gold, not nickel and have the ferrules) The G knobs I priced at $25ea. Already, that adds up to $1125. I'm not out to screw anyone over. I'm actually pretty easy to deal with and have sold to a few members here without any problems. That all being said, everyone is entitled to their opinion....

– Gretschguy69

Seems pretty darn fair to me!

Gretschguy69, I think you're pricing is probably about right for each part, but finding somebody who needs all of it at retail prices may be tough. If you do end up deciding to break it up, I'm in for the bridge and maybe the tuners.

Thanks Afire. I get that it was a longshot, but sometimes lightning hits. I have offered Joe Desperado first crack at the parts he was interested in. Depending on what he decides, I'll let you know what's still available. Cheers.

Hey Afire, Joe has passed on the parts. Feel free to send me an email. PM's never make it to me...

A couple of interesting bits there... but I couldn’t swing the entire lot.

– kc_eddie_b

Let me know what you're interested in Ed. Cheers.

What's the story on the guitar? Why part it out?

What's the story on the guitar? Why part it out?

– drmilktruck

I never owned the guitar. I bought the parts in a lot. The previous owner told me he brought it to a luthier because of badly warped neck. Apparently he started the project and then bailed on it. He didn't elaborate. He told me the guitar had been scrapped 10+ years ago.

Sorry Ed, I haven't received anything. Try my work email: ian @ woodlawninstruments (. com)

FYI, it's all up on Reverb now. The pickguard, bridge, G knobs, strap buttons, and headstock veneer are gone.

Hmmm... I specifically sent an email to avoid the pitfalls of the GDP PM system. I guess the universe thinks I have enough vintage parts.

Hmmm... I specifically sent an email to avoid the pitfalls of the GDP PM system. I guess the universe thinks I have enough vintage parts.

– kc_eddie_b

I've reached out at your email. I don't know what the problem is....

I've reached out at your email. I don't know what the problem is....

– Gretschguy69

I got an email from you entitled “test”, to which I responded “test was successful”... did you get my response??

I got an email from you entitled “test”, to which I responded “test was successful”... did you get my response??

– kc_eddie_b

Negative.

Register Sign in to join the conversation