Gretsch Garage Sale

2012 White Falcon G6136DS F/S $1975

Without pics you won't generate a lot of interest around here.

For those curious, it's listed on Reverb here;

Link

I actually live within driving distance, and have endured the temptation (so far).
I'm just tapped after holiday shopping, and have my January tax installment coming up (self-employed).

She seems a real beauty, though.

Heck of a price for a top end guitar like this. Hope it sells soon for you.

Sold locally, thanks all

Sold locally, thanks all

– jeremy r

I guess that means not me?

Apologies to RCgold, that was me.

I had contacted Jeremy the day he listed it on Craig's Chicago, before it went up on Reverb. I shared the link here just to grease the wheels. I didn't think I could swing it.

I realized I might be (no; would be) kicking myself later if I didn't make the effort. Jeremy was kind enough to give me dibs since I was interested from day 1.

For what it's worth; It has found a good home here. I may swap out the Caddy tailpiece for a wire Bigsby, but for now I'm going to bask in its glorious tone and current bling.

I was not hunting for a Falcon, but when one so beautiful and majestic lands so close by the temptation is indeed pretty irresistible.

Apologies to RCgold, that was me.

I had contacted Jeremy the day he listed it on Craig's Chicago, before it went up on Reverb. I shared the link here just to grease the wheels. I didn't think I could swing it.

I realized I might be (no; would be) kicking myself later if I didn't make the effort. Jeremy was kind enough to give me dibs since I was interested from day 1.

For what it's worth; It has found a good home here. I may swap out the Caddy tailpiece for a wire Bigsby, but for now I'm going to bask in its glorious tone and current bling.

I was not hunting for a Falcon, but when one so beautiful and majestic lands so close by the temptation is indeed pretty irresistible.

– Edison

Glad it went to a nice place! Kinda broke my heart to lose it after I had made the deal and agreed to immidiate payment any way the fellow wished! Wasn't to kosher of him to NOT let me know that he was goning to renig! Enjoy it, I know Ya will!

Some of that may have been a communication lapse regarding the glitchy IM feature here on TGP.

Jeremy had mentioned awaiting more details to complete the transaction, that either never came through or were caught up in a lag. I had emailed him again when I saw it was getting heat here, half-joking about how I should've kept my mouth shut.

I think me being local had a lot of sway in his decision, but I still had to jet out there on Monday night to get it, or else. Evidently he's on the road a lot.

For everyone's information, I didn't start this thread like it now shows. Another example of an OP thinking they need to remove their threads when something sells. I thought Bax was going to fix that and stop it from happening? As has been explained various times, there can be valuable info for others by leaving the original post there. What's this dumb idea that once sold a post has to be removed???

Register Sign in to join the conversation