Gretsch Garage Sale

2005 Gretsch G6128TCG Duo Jet

Are these Dynasonic pickups (with the springs and adjustable poles, or the DeArmond 2000 pickups)? I am interested in your guitar!

Yes, they are the Gretsch Dynasonic pickups with the springs and adjustable poles (Not modern DeArmond 2000s or 2ks, but based on the original 1950s Rowe DeArmond 200 pickups) Very nice playing neck, resonant chambered body, (about 7lbs) Sounds amazing through my Fender Bandmaster amp.

In the first Reverb ad pic it had the Melita bridge, in the second, the Compton. Do both bridges come with the guitar?

Nice, Crowbone! What'chya selling there? What's that you say? You aren't selling anything? But, you created the thread, didn't you? No? You mean that someone else created a thread and then deleted their initial post, thus leaving an orphan thread? Now, why would anyone want to go and do that?!

Ugh. The sad thing is that the OP has been a member here for over two years and must know by now that we don't need to delete a thread just because there has been a change in plans.

I deleted the first ad on Reverb, created a second, and I tried to delete this ad but was only able to delete individual responses. My apologies to Crowbone for this treacherous misrepresentation. And thanks for commenting in the first place. And I apologize to Ric12string that my ineptitude makes you sad. Sh*t happens. "Can't we all just get along?"

Guitar is still for sale with now two ads on the GP Garage Sale listings due to my learning by the trial and error method. The Compton Bridge was on this guitar when I bought it from the original owner, an elderly woman from Pasadena who only got it out of its case to play the bejesus out of it at church services on Sunday. So no Melita Bridge, but I'll bet you would find this one sounds much nicer and will be more trouble free. Keeps good intonation.

Gregory, my post was created because Crowbone knows that this is a scab that gets periodically picked. So, it was a little banter between him and me.

Yes, we can and we do get along.

However, let me make sure that you realize that you have the ability to edit your post to change the copy. For example, if you had incorrect information in it, or even if you decided against selling the guitar, you can simply edit your post by stating that you have lowered your price, or that you have changed your mind about selling it, or whatever it is that made you delete your post in the first place. But, now we have an orphaned thread where it relates to absolutely nothing, except that we have a clue based upon the title of the thread.

The cleanest thing to do is to leave your original post, but just edit it in a manner which clearly shows that you are editing it, sort of like this:

EDIT: I have changed my mind about selling the guitar. The guitar is no longer for sale.

Or:

EDIT: The price of this guitar has now been reduced to $1300.00.

Then, you have gotten your information across to readers, and there is not an orphaned thread.

EDIT: I see from your other thread that you encountered an expired link. So, all that you needed to do was to edit your original post to replace the expired link with the one that worked. It is easy to do and we don't have multiple threads where some are current and others are orphans.

Good luck with your sale.

Thanks. I eventually figured that out after I had created a new ad, But not before deleting my initial post, leaving Crowbone's response leading with the original thing he was responding to missing.

Nice, Crowbone! What'chya selling there? What's that you say? You aren't selling anything? But, you created the thread, didn't you? No? You mean that someone else created a thread and then deleted their initial post, thus leaving an orphan thread? Now, why would anyone want to go and do that?!

Ugh. The sad thing is that the OP has been a member here for over two years and must know by now that we don't need to delete a thread just because there has been a change in plans.

– Ric12string

I don't know what you're talking about! ;)

Register Sign in to join the conversation