Gretsch Garage Sale

2003 Black Gretsch G6128T Duo Jet w/ Bigsby

I don't come around here much, but I thought a member here might be interested in a Gretsch Duo Jet I have for sale. $1,200 shipped/paypal'd. Please email me directly - currypowder@mac.com

I would describe the condition as very good. There are a few small cosmetic issues that I will detail below. There have also been some nice upgrades to enhance an already great guitar.

The Good

• The top is in excellent shape with only some normal light pick scratches. There is one small indent near the master volume knob (see pic).
  • The bridge pickup has been upgraded with a TV Jones Powertron to give a little more power in the bridge position (original bridge pickup is not included). It matches well with the original neck pickup to provide a variety of tones.
  • The bridge has been upgrades with a Tru-Arc bridge that better matches the fretboard radius.
  • The original strap buttons have been replaced with Schaller buttons.

The "Bad" - There's really nothing bad about this guitar, only a few minor cosmetic issues. - There is a little bit of buckle worming on the back. I couldn't get a picture and none of it is through the finish.
- There is a small ding at the very top of the headstock (see pic).
- There is no original hard case. I will include a nice Gibson hard case, the Gretsch fits very snugly in it.

Overall, this is just a great playing and looking Duo Jet. Very classy with the black and chrome.

Many pics are here: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AoLRRT1...

What is the weight? Some were less chambered than others and are nearly Les Paulish in weight.

Beautiful guitar, BTW.

Thanks Don. Good question, it's a nice weight, IMO, at 7.7 pounds.

if I wasn't dirt broke your guitar collection would be down one guitar and mine would have an addition.

Register Sign in to join the conversation