Gretsch Garage Sale

1976 Gretsch Country Club (model 7576)

Time to let her get the playing time she deserves. Up for sale: 1976 Gretsch Country Club (model 7576). This is a solid build. I know this is subjective but the guitar plays fantastic. She just doesn’t get played too much anymore. No binding rot. One section of the binding is slightly worn down from rubbing against a leather strap. Original W. Germany Schaller tuners. Original Blacktop Filtertrons pickups. The covers were changed to relic’d Filtertron covers but the originals will included. I would say the neck is less vintage as compared to my other vintage Gretsches. Less baseball batty. It’s comfortable and smooth. The original bridge is included but it was just ok. I replaced it with a brass TruArc bridge. The TruArc is not pinned to the top. The Bigsby B6 was added. The original tailpiece is gone. The smoky clear acrylic is pretty sexy. Pickup selector, Volume and Tone for each pickup. Master Volume. Knobs have been replaced with Gretsch Arrow knobs. There’s a nice vintage patina throughout the guitar, A couple surface scratches but nothing major. The case is in good condition. Some scrapes on the outside but very sturdy. I just restrung it with a new set of 12 flats. I would love to sell it locally (Philadelphia area) but I’m willing to ship. I do the Venmo and Paypal. I can take more pics if needed. $2300. email: Tom at gringomotel dot com

Gringo Motel?

Love your band, man!

I think I saw you at Boot & Saddle a couple years ago.

Gringo Motel?

Love your band, man!

I think I saw you at Boot & Saddle a couple years ago.

– crowbone

Yup. That's me. Thanks. That was a fun show. Big Lazy and Mercury Radio Theater.

Nice looking Booneville-era Club!

Good luck with sale!

Nice looking Booneville-era Club!

Good luck with sale!

– Tartan Phantom

Thanks. I can't say anything bad about this guitar. I used to have a 74 Club as a backup to this Club. It was no where close to this quality and feel.

Register Sign in to join the conversation