Elliot Easton's Tiki Lounge

Took the Tru-Arc™ SerpenTune bridge challenge!

Sweet

I remember a recent guitar here that had some Nocturne internals. Inside or outside - works.

– WhittleZ

oh ya that was a gretsch corvette and I'd agreed to make that guitar the prototype for a drop in dynobrain preamp. Because of that project I realized I needed smaller boards cuz I had to stuff that guitar to get it in. :)

I have Stainless, Copper and Brass Tru-Arcs (no SerpenTunes) and like them all. Good stuff!

oh ya that was a gretsch corvette and I'd agreed to make that guitar the prototype for a drop in dynobrain preamp. Because of that project I realized I needed smaller boards cuz I had to stuff that guitar to get it in. :)

– TheNocturneBrain

That's it! I've been GASsing for a CVT - but I want MEGATRONS or else that would have been a Dream Guitar for me - I saw it had HiLo's

Nothing against HiLos, I just have a hankering for Megas!

My next guitar will be a Duo Jet (sparkle with Dynas would be cool or maybe this 6129 color?) or a CVT

although there is a baritone Spectra Sonic that is intriguing me

I just sold a Steinberger so I'm on a Free Roll

You want that vette, and you want to drop power tron or ceramic trons in it.

You want that vette, and you want to drop power tron or ceramic trons in it.

– Baxter

If we could just get further away from talking about left handed crooked bar bridges for a second. I'd point out that I just took the Powertron out of my Corvette. It was just too much. Like using a wrecking ball instead of a tack hammer. Sure it's an SG killer, but I need one of those like I need an elephant killer.

...i.e. not much.

I just wanted to thank Tim. I finally swapped out my space control bridge on my G6117T-HT for a stainless steel serpentune and I could not be happier. I had a luthier double tape my bridge and I put some Thomastik Infeld Jazz Swing flatwounds .11 to .49 and now my guitar has rock solid tuning stability and greatly increased sustain ! Next I will drop some Ray Butts TV jones and I am set!

Register Sign in to join the conversation