Elliot Easton's Tiki Lounge

Took the Tru-Arc™ SerpenTune bridge challenge!

I now have 8 of my Gretsch guitars fitted with Tru-Arc SerpenTunes, 4 titanium and 4 brass. Absolutely happy with all of them. The only thing holding me back from getting more is the plunging value of the Aussie dollar!

– audept

I'm not familiar with the ins 'n outs of the Aussie exchange rates, but they can't be any worse than the Canuck dollar!

I'm not familiar with the ins 'n outs of the Aussie exchange rates, but they can't be any worse than the Canuck dollar!

– Windsordave

Right now its CAD1.00 = AUD 1.09. We're actually behind you!

Grumps, not sure on your HP. On my computer, it is Alt + 0153, I believe. On my phone, I actually have a key for it.

I replaced a current Gretsch RBB with a TruArc™ and it was a night and day difference. Notes rang out, whereas they just sort of thudded before. I don't know whether it was metal composition, or that the string slots were poorly done, but the Arc was a huge improvement.

Okay, how do I make that TM thingy on my HP? I want to sit with the cool kids.

– UncleGrumpy

Copy and paste, dude. Instead of trying to remember these old asci codes, I just keep a little document handy where I put a list of them and just copy and paste them where needed.

on a mac, its cut n paste. No code and no PC!

When Tim gets back I need another serpentine, this time to replace the alum tru-arc "standard" on the SSUI wonder if he does diamond encrusted bridges? the Krunk-Arc!

I wonder if he does diamond encrusted bridges?

Strictly zirconium.

I have a Tru Arc Rock Steady in stainless (end bottoms cut flat but not over cut like a Low Rider) on my Power Tenny. Stock Gotoh rattled so was glopped up w/ nail polish, replaced that w/ a nice graph tech made of some super secrect magical light alloy that didn't rattle but thinned the tone a bit...then replaced that w/ the SS Tru Arc: magic, the guitar sounded better (more sustain, more Gretsch Filter growl) but again the biggest improvement was in playability; was able to get action of 4/64ths @12 fret on low E and a hair lower on the high E at the 12th fret w/ 10-46's. Just a very small bit of neck relief and no rattle buzzes anywhere up and down the neck. Intonation is pretty close w/ the Tru Arc.....just a hair off on the "G" (and thew bridge base came pinned). A Serpentune would be spot on I would think.

Elliot, so glad to hear that you're a Tru-Arc™ convert! At least in this case. It's one of the first changes I make when I get a vibrato-equipped guitar. Now, I need to start getting more of the Serpentune variety.

™ - Aha! I'm on a Mac and it's option - 2. ™ ™  ™ ™ ™ ™ ™ ™ ™ ™

And - ™

And - ™

– JimmyR

Kiss my grits showoff.

And - ™

– JimmyR

You're not so special-- ™ ™ ™ ™ ™ ™ ™ ™ ™ ™ ™ ™™ ™ ™

copy & paste works on Windows too....

Why copy and paste? Why not just type CTRL + 0153?

Jeez guys, I didn't mean to start a ruckus over the ™ symbol! I just thought it was funny to write it just like Tru-Arc™ does, lol!

Don't mind us, Elliot. We're known for getting a little carried away with stuff like this. Ever seen the "good grooming" thread...? :)

Tim makes one specifically for the old (2007) Pro Jet. Now mine intonates perfectly.

my theNocturneBrain™ built Grigsby™ with Tim™ Tru-Arc™ 14" radius lowrider Serpentine bridge. #inTUNE

my theNocturneBrain™ built Grigsby™ with Tim™ Tru-Arc™ 14" radius lowrider Serpentine bridge. #inTUNE

– TheNocturneBrain

Wow!

That is one of the coolest guitars I have ever seen!

Does it have Nocturne electronics inside?

Wow!

That is one of the coolest guitars I have ever seen!

Does it have Nocturne electronics inside?

– WhittleZ

thanks, The electronics inside the guitar are strickly gibson pots, sprague caps and me wiring them up. The nocturne stuff is outside the geetar for stage antics

thanks, The electronics inside the guitar are strickly gibson pots, sprague caps and me wiring them up. The nocturne stuff is outside the geetar for stage antics

– TheNocturneBrain

Sweet

I remember a recent guitar here that had some Nocturne internals. Inside or outside - works.

Has anyone yet...given your initial skepticism....said:

"I told You so!!!"

Welcome to the convert club....Tim is indeed a great fella, and glad that your new bridge was an improvement.

Register Sign in to join the conversation