Elliot Easton's Tiki Lounge

Some guy in a big white truck left this on our doorstep.

Another vote for FilterTrons over Dynas.....

Congratulations on a GLORIOUS looking guitar, Elliot!! Wishing you all the best for many happy years with it!

– senojnad

That's so nice-thank you!

yeah spedding!!…stellar player…all styles yet always him!!

thins came in circa 61

cheers

– neatone

"Silver Bullet", "Get Out My Pagoda", Guitar Jamboree, etc.-I love the guy and he was an influence for me in the mid to late '70's

Nice! Congrats! I had a green 1960 Caddy and I would love to have a Caddy green Gretsch. Enjoy!

– UncleGrumpy

I hope you get one someday. You'd love it!

I was sooooooo on the fence between that Club and a Falcon, and I opted for the Falcon. Seeing yours makes me think I need both. Oh the struggle....

I had to make that choice myself. I chose the Country Club and am very pleased with that decision. I really like the Falcon in lacquer and TV Jones pups, with the V cutout Gretsch Bigsby. The look of the white lacquer is softer, more natural, more vintage. And of course the lacquer lets the wood breathe more, which improves the tone. Plus is has TV's stock. I wish they offered that one in lefty! I'm not as crazy about the refrigerator white poly ones with the black painted Bigsby. Something about the Cadillac Green Country Club really floats my boat!

I know what you mean, Elliot. As much as I love my Falcons, getting them did nothing to eliminate the jonesing for the Caddy Green Club. It's the epitome of cool. But I've committed to not buying anymore guitars until I really improve my playing on those I already have. Fortunately you don't have that problem LOL

With its spruce top and deep 17" body, in some ways it's kind of like a Gretsch L-5, only with the TV Jones Classics that Joe Carducci installed for me, which maintains that fantastic Gretsch tone and quality. Plus with the Bigsby, it's just a fantastic combination of elements and its looks are out of this world! Just a fabulous electric guitar. It's incredible for jazz and blues, yet it also sounds amazing playing the types of music traditionally played on a Gretsch electric guitar. Amazing versatility, and somewhat unique in the Gretsch line. Can you tell I like it?

I know what you mean, Elliot. As much as I love my Falcons, getting them did nothing to eliminate the jonesing for the Caddy Green Club. It's the epitome of cool. But I've committed to not buying anymore guitars until I really improve my playing on those I already have. Fortunately you don't have that problem LOL

– Tim Price DBA Precio265

Don't kid yourself, Tim. We all have to work hard to constantly improve and to keep learning, at any level of proficiency. It keeps our noodles well oiled!

Register Sign in to join the conversation