Elliot Easton's Tiki Lounge

Some guy in a big white truck left this on our doorstep.

Sweet ride, EE! Gotta love Caddy Green.

to paraphrase the dude-

that guitar really ties the room together!!

beauty..enjoy

cheers

You're correct, Elliot. Gretsch never built any left-handed Dyna Clubs when they were doing the Bamboo Yellow and gray/purple ones several years back. I begged Joe for them for years.

So I had Curt convert my Filtertron-equipped Club to (most of) the Dyna Club specs.

Yes, this is a heavenly sound.

But then I had to get another Filtertron-equipped Club, because... you know why.

Paul/FF909

Congrats! Those are beautiful guitars. I played one once at the ole Louisiana Roundup several years back. Just luscious, sweet tone for days....enjoy!

Congratulations on the acquisition of such a fine and lovely instrument!!!!

Oooh! VERY NICE! Welcome to the 'Club Club! Country Clubs are the bomb! I love mine! Now be a good boy and go play your brains out on your new guitar.

Oooh! VERY NICE! Welcome to the 'Club Club! Country Clubs are the bomb! I love mine! Now be a good boy and go play your brains out on your new guitar.

– EllenGtrGrl

Yes Ma'am!

Great story-I'm a big fan of Chris'. So, what years had that shallow body?

yeah spedding!!…stellar player…all styles yet always him!!

thins came in circa 61

cheers

So Elliot, when do we get to hear this beauty of a green giant?

Hey, Elliot,

Those shallow bodies were offered from about 1961 until... oh, heck, I don't know when and I can't find the Jay Scott book. I've seen photos of a couple of lefties from that era.

Paul/FF909

I think '61-'64 are the years for the thinner body-I did a little research!

Beautiful guitar Elliot!

Beautiful guitar Elliot!

– LeftyJ

Thank you!

Clubs were about the coolest model Grestch ever made.

Congrats sir,beautiful guitars those!

Caddy green is sooo cool.

Nice! Congrats! I had a green 1960 Caddy and I would love to have a Caddy green Gretsch. Enjoy!

Killer.

You know, this does have me thinking...wonder what color Frozen Fire would be...

Cheers from a fellow leftie!

It's a very cool guitar. It screams "ELECTRIC GUITAR' in the most classic sense! Jazz, pop, country, blues, rock-they all sound great on it and have that distinctive Gretsch sound. Plus it's so sumptuous and luxurious looking. A real masterpiece, and a nice alternative to all of my maple-topped ones. I thinks it's unique in the Gretsch line of models.

I like the rugs too

– Shuggie

Thanks, haha!

Register Sign in to join the conversation