Elliot Easton's Tiki Lounge

Some guy in a big white truck left this on our doorstep.

I felt bad for it so I decided to give it a home. JUST KIDDING!!! It's NGD (new guitar day) at Chez Easton- a Gretsch 6196 Country Club in Cadillac Green! Left handed of course. This thing sounds AMAZING! I'm a happy boy!

Oh my!! Caddy Green always looks SO cool!

Sweet ride, Elliot! Never seen a Country Club in the flesh. Curious how that solid Spruce top sounds by comparison to other long scale, 17" bodied Gretsch. Looking forward to hearing it on your next album!

You need a Tru-Arc for that thing! (jokingly...)

Great guitars, those Clubs are, EE. Mine has stock Dynas though. Play it in good health. And give us your impressions after a week or so.

Everyone seems to love the CC's w/ Dynas. I don't think they ever did a run of lefties but I'd love to try one someday. This one'll do me just fine for now!

Great guitars, those Clubs are, EE. Mine has stock Dynas though. Play it in good health. And give us your impressions after a week or so.

– Ric12string

OK, I'll report back once the honeymoon's over, lol!

Congrats, Elliot! All guitars look in a leather lounge seat!

Everyone seems to love the CC's w/ Dynas. I don't think they ever did a run of lefties but I'd love to try one someday. This one'll do me just fine for now!

– Elliot Easton

TV Jones is your friend. Dynas in a Filter mount.

Then I need another Country Club. This one sounds great as is! The Filter'trons on a spruce top sounds unlike any other electric guitar I own. There are some really cool tones to be had.

congrats, Elliot ! Country Clubs are an animal all of their own.

That'll make for a happy day! Congrats

Then I need another Country Club. This one sounds great as is! The Filter'trons on a spruce top sounds unlike any other electric guitar I own. There are some really cool tones to be had.

– Elliot Easton

FilterTron pickups define the Gretsch sound. Dyna's have a great sound but are generic and not Gretsch specific.

I can hear a Gretsch with a Filter a mile away, can't say the same with DeArmonds.

http://www.thewho.net/whota...

Geez, She's a beauty! Congrats!

That's a looker for sure...and a sounder too, I bet!

Another vote for FilterTrons over Dynas.....

Congratulations on a GLORIOUS looking guitar, Elliot!! Wishing you all the best for many happy years with it!

Register Sign in to join the conversation