Elliot Easton's Tiki Lounge

Ric Ocasek … RIP

Sad day today, as we lost Ric Ocasek. So glad the Cars made it into the Hall of Fame in time for Ric to experience that tribute and honor.

Condolences to the family and to the band... I'm sure Elliot is feeling the loss.

Sad day.

RIP, Rick Ocasek, you will be missed. It is indeed a sad day.

Rest in peace, Ric Ocasek and thank you for the music.

The Cars were a large part of the music of my youth. Sad news.

I am glad The Cars were finally recognized last year by the RRHOF for their influential and lasting contribution to music .

Sad. R.I.P., Ric.

When The Cars first got on the radio they didn’t sound like anyone else. They bridged a gap between with what we now call classic rock, pop and new wave. They permanently altered FM radio (Kids, that was the medium that most people got their music back in the day).

Also, Elliot Easton is a guitar monster and never got the credit he is due.

None of this would have happened without Ric Ocasek.

RIP,Rick. Sorry for your loss, Elliot.

Another very sad day...... Thanks for some wonderful music, Ric. Rest In Peace.

Very sorry to hear this news. RIP, Ric Ocasek.

Amazing Band, great catalog of music. Still reminds me of my College days when I hear a Cars song. RIP Ric, thanks for everything

So very sad. Duane and I send our deepest sympathy to you and yours, Elliot.

What's weird is it think that all of my high school rock music heroes are in their 70's.

He must have been around 34 when the Cars broke out big in 1978 I think it was. They had a good sound and cool songs. They called it a day at the right time and resisted the temptation of reunion tours.

Sad news. He wrote such catchy tunes. One of the few speeding tickets I received as an adult was while listening to Cars songs. I was so caught up in the music I had no idea how fast I was going.

Heart disease. Sad day.

Smurf heart disease is second only smurf cancer. Smurf them both.

Sympathies and condolences to Elliot on the loss of his dear friend and a musical icon. Rest In Peace Ric Ocasek

He must have been around 34 when the Cars broke out big in 1978 I think it was. They had a good sound and cool songs. They called it a day at the right time and resisted the temptation of reunion tours.

– DCBirdMan

Well not exactly although good points otherwise https://en.m.wikipedia.org/...

RIP Ric. Planning on opening our next gig with a Cars cover in honor.

Register Sign in to join the conversation