Elliot Easton's Tiki Lounge

Hi Everybody! I’m back!

This is truly great news!! Welcome back, Elliot!

Welcome back Elliott!

My first tube amp was a '65 Reverberocket II, which for a while I used as a pre-amp for a V-4.

Hope to catch the Empty Hearts next time you pass through the San Francisco area!

Welcome back Elliott!

My first tube amp was a '65 Reverberocket II, which for a while I used as a pre-amp for a V-4.

Hope to catch the Empty Hearts next time you pass through the San Francisco area!

– Mel Waldorf

Yes Mel, come say hi next time!

I'll tell ya, growing in in NJ in the 60, two towns away from where Ampegs were made, they were the hot lick to have, even more than black panel Fender. My first good amp in '66 was a front panel Reverbrocket. Ampeg also used newer tube designs than the same old stuff all the time. My most radical theory is that some time in in earlier part '67 they went from the blue check covering and that grill cloth to a short lived black covering and green-ish grill cloth and round knobs. Then a while later Fender came out w/ the silver panel amps, so I think Fender actually took the cue from Ampeg that it was time for a styling upgrade.

I'm late to the party as usual. Elliot, welcome back buddy. I've been trying to learn your stuff since the old days. A HUGE fan, always have been, always will be. Havin' ya back in the threads is a real thrill brotha!! Hope ya stick around and have some of the great Tiki juice we gots around here... See ya on tube buddy.

Of course we want to see a Tiki Gretsch! Tiki makes everything better.

Maybe you could consider making a Daddy O Tiki album together with your friend Danny Amis. (hint)

Welcome back, Elliot! I'm a huge fan and student of your tasteful work.

EE @ StreetSounds NYC "Fred Gretsch 50th Anniversay in the Music Biz" Celebration...

– Joe Carducci/Gretsch Guitars

Elliot is obviously a man of good fashion sense -- he selects his guitar to match his gentlemanly attire.

The word you're searching for is "haberdashery", Counselor.

The ability to accessorize is what separates us from the animals.

"And when he pulls his frilly nylon panties right up tight"

Welcome back Mr. Easton

I hope if you and Gretsch do a White Tiki you'll also do a silver binding/nickel hardware version. I'm not into gold, but if silver wasn't available, I would make an exception in this case. What pick-ups are on yours?

Kind regards,

René

Anybody heard of Elliot recently? He went as quick as he re-appeared. Hope he's okay. I always enjoyed his posts.

He was at namm I think

I got to hang a few minutes w the legend at Namm! Very nice to finally meet Elliot the legend in person.

yeah bob posted a pic of ee's latest band- the empty hearts- in his most excellent thread coverage of namm 2016..@ the gretsch booth

cheers

Well, that's nice. I still have my EE signature jet, in upside down form.

Nothing against other band members, but to be in a band with Elliot Easton, wow!

To be in a band with Clem Burke, WoWWW!

...------

Register Sign in to join the conversation