Elliot Easton's Tiki Lounge

Hi Everybody! I’m back!

Thanks for all the nice comments! Red Rocker I used a VT-44 combo early on and a V-4 on the record. Here's a photo from the 50th Anniversay celebration with Clem Burke, Myself and Wally Palmar from our band The Empty Hearts, Fred Gretsch, Duane Eddy, Steve Stern from the Gretsch Custom Shop, and our bassist, Andy Babiuk, who also happened to have written the books Beatles Gear, Stones Gear, and the Bigsby Book, which I'm sure many of you have enjoyed!

– Elliot Easton

Cool! Thanks for answering my question Elliot now I can pickup a V-4 and go after your early tones. VT-44? I'm not familiar with that amp, is it one of ampegs combo's with 4x10's?

Elliot! This is great news to see on the forum!

I really enjoyed meeting you Saturday (I was the last guy) and enjoyed the Empty Hearts (I've always had a soft spot for supergroups, and this one is pretty super).

I look forward to a new opportunity to buy an EE Signature model. I didn't really have a chance the first time around, and they pretty much never show up on the used market (owners seem to keep them).

And let's all push for a production White Tiki.

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

Paul/FF909

PS: Kindly note that Bax maintained the Tiki Lounge for the duration of your absence.

Welcome back home, Elliot. We've missed you!

I will look forward to your insights and anecdotes on the site again.

As with the others, I have enjoyed what I have heard from Empty Hearts and will look forward to hearing more from you fellows.

Good to see you back here, Elliot --- many of us (even rightys!) will look forward to your contributions!

Nice to see ya posting again Sir!

Was hoping this would happen after seeing you at Rocky's ,via video for me though as i'm 3000 miles away.

Good to see you are back!!!

I really like the new band....and still enjoy the "old" bands, too!

YES.....the nick name refers to "that" Todd.

Told ya we'd leave the light on for ya!

– Baxter

Thanks Bax! You knew I couldn't stay away forever!

Cool! Thanks for answering my question Elliot now I can pickup a V-4 and go after your early tones. VT-44? I'm not familiar with that amp, is it one of ampegs combo's with 4x10's?

– Gretsch6123

That's exactly what it is, a 4X10 combo. Great amp.

I missed you the first go around - welcome back!

– fieldhdj

Thanks Ersel!

VT 40.

I think.

– Steve Yetter

I think you're right, Steve. It's been 38 years, lol! These days I have a matched pair of mid-60's Ampeg Reverborocket II's, with the knobs on the front and not the top. They're superb amps, with some of the prettiest reverb and tremolo I've ever heard. They're great in stereo! Only difference between the two is the speakers. One has a Jensen Concert 12" and one has a CTS 12".

Good to meet you here Elliot! Cool!

I'll throw in this movie as a small intermezzo. I think it's fun stuff.

My absolute favorite: Monte Carlo Nights - Elliot Easton's Tiki Gods

I'm kinda getting the idea that some of you guys wouldn't mind seeing the White Tiki come out as a regular production model. I guess there's less of a fine line between a Tiki and a Penguin than previously believed, lol! Seriously, the White Tiki is cool; it has all the changes that we incorporated into my regular signature model, but dressed to the nines! That's lacquer on there too; that's why it's a mellower looking white, and sounds so resonant.

Hi! Welcome back. We are looking forward to a new EE model, and perhaps a new Tiki Gods CD?

I'm kinda getting the idea that some of you guys wouldn't mind seeing the White Tiki come out as a regular production model. I guess there's less of a fine line between a Tiki and a Penguin than previously believed, lol! Seriously, the White Tiki is cool; it has all the changes that we incorporated into my regular signature model, but dressed to the nines! That's lacquer on there too; that's why it's a mellower looking white, and sounds so resonant.

– Elliot Easton

The Penguin does nothing for me.

The Tiki, on the other hand....

Clem Burke has got to be one of the busiest drummers on the planet. That guy is everywhere.

The Empty Hearts,,,,, my ears like it.

We were starting to wonder... but keep checking in when you can especially on new music. We know you're also an SG/Firebird guy, but do keep the Gretsch faith.

I never stopped. Just consider it an intermission!

I want... the WHITE TIKI Gretsch, I make a white tiki pedalI drink my green juice in a White Tiki mug! this crazy tiki fan wants this guitar!

cheers,

Register Sign in to join the conversation