Elliot Easton's Tiki Lounge

Any Southpaws still visit this section?

It felt giddy with excitement at anything one played! Thanks again for letting me play it. I have a former left hander student that saw some of the pictures and he was astounded at all the lefty guitars and players. With all the GAS out there, the deal is even sweeter for us lefties since the opportunities, when they arise, are so much rarer.

Just curious...

– jim W

Hey There Jim!! Just joined up today, I'm a southpaw player born a righty,,,loI

OddJobb... were you forced by injury or some other adverse circumstance to play left-handed? If not, then you're the first voluntary righty person/lefty player I've ever encountered. Glad to have you in the club!

Paul/FF909

OddJobb... were you forced by injury or some other adverse circumstance to play left-handed? If not, then you're the first voluntary righty person/lefty player I've ever encountered. Glad to have you in the club!

Paul/FF909

– Frequent Flyer 909

Hey Flyer! I too, was forced to relearn left handed. I was driveing home on my scooter one night, and a family of deer and all there friends, cousin's, 2nd cousin's and there friends, ran out in front of me going about 50mph!! Ended up getting clobbered by my bike, tearing all the nerves up on my left arm.
That was the last time I played righty, also lost a girl friend at the same time,,,lmao Took me years to even think about relearning, but brother, I'm am so glad I did!!! Though it has turned me into a gear whore, that I never was before??? I guess it was like a New Life given back??

You guys are always welcome to discuss left hand matters at the Tiki Lounge, even if there isn't a special section for lefties. It's obviously a subject that's very near and dear to my heart! And as some of you know, I'm always advocating for lefties, trying to get guitar companies to offer more of their models in a lefty version. In my opinion, Gretsch are one of the coolest companies that way. They offer a wonderful variety of left handed models.

You guys are always welcome to discuss left hand matters at the Tiki Lounge, even if there isn't a special section for lefties. It's obviously a subject that's very near and dear to my heart! And as some of you know, I'm always advocating for lefties, trying to get guitar companies to offer more of their models in a lefty version. In my opinion, Gretsch are one of the coolest companies that way. They offer a wonderful variety of left handed models.

– Elliot Easton

Did I hear Lounge When is Happy Hour Elliot??? I'm There Brother!!

Hello, Elliott from Manchester England. Do you know what happened to the Lefty Firebirds advertised about a year ago ?

Lefty checking in.... those firebirds looked sweet.

I'm a leftie although I play right, figure that out.

There are no left-handed Pianos, no left-handed saxophones, no left-handed trombones, etc, etc. Why is it that left-handed guitar players have to have special, upside-down instruments?

(BTW, I'm left-handed.)

There are no left-handed Pianos, no left-handed saxophones, no left-handed trombones, etc, etc. Why is it that left-handed guitar players have to have special, upside-down instruments?

(BTW, I'm left-handed.)

– Billy Zoom

As a lefty my first guitar was right handed. I struggled with strumming/ rhythms. When I found a left handed guitar the magic happened.
I live in the developed world. A world of left handed bassball gloves, golf clubs, bowling balls, etc. Besides, I don’t have to worry about somebody picking up my guitar and wanting to play it.

Register Sign in to join the conversation