Electromatics

What are the best gauge strings for g5122?

Hi Guys,

I like to know which can be the best strings to put on my gretsch electromatic 5122 DC , I upgrade it with tv jones and it sounds greats ! but i love to play heavy gauge and I would like to know which you recommend for that kind of body and the tone of flat wound strings or not to give more attack ,punch and charisma to the guitar ? it might be d'addario on it 11's i've changed them many times

THX

Hi Guys,

I like to know which can be the best strings to put on my gretsch electromatic 5122 DC , I upgrade it with tv jones and it sounds greats ! but i love to play heavy gauge and I would like to know which you recommend for that kind of body and the tone of flat wound strings or not to give more attack ,punch and charisma to the guitar ? it might be d'addario on it 11's i've changed them many times

THX

Hi Guys,

THX

I use D'Addario XL110 or 10's. If you're into 11's though they should work fine.

My 5122 has duotrons and a hybrid string set - 10’s on E B G and 11’s on D A E per Curt’s recommendation. Sounds great.

Register Sign in to join the conversation