Electromatics

Tru-Arc Bridges - Where to buy

My new Electro 5422 tuna bridge is real bad. I've read the rave reviews about the Tru-Arc's but I can't seem to find how to get one. I did find: http://www.truarcbridgework.... The data sheet is dated 2014. Is that where you get them? Thanks for the help.

Forum member Proteus (aka Tim Harmon) is the man behind Tru-Arc. That website should be the one you want.

Bob, just send Tim a PM. I'm sure he'll reply to your question(s).

Hey thanks for the help. I've got a msg off to Tim.

I think this is a different Ric12. Ric12String (Bob) knows Proteus well.

Yeah. Ric12, you may want to consider that we do have a prominent member that goes by Ric12string. He is a frequent poster and is well known here. Your handle may create a bit of confusion. FWIW. Just pointing that out.

On the other hand we have Bear and Bear85 so there is some precedent for handles that are similar.

I should also take the opportunity to welcome you back to the site.

Actually I've had that name since 2007. I just haven't posted much. I could change it if it causes confusion.

I say keep the name. It could lead to some wacky hijinks and misunderstandings.

Keep the name.

If folks can't see the difference between Ric12, and Ric12string, not sure what to say! lol

Keep the name.

If folks can't see the difference between Ric12, and Ric12string, not sure what to say! lol

– J(ust an old Cowboy)D

Seriously. It's like saying you can't tell the difference between Pete Townshend and Roger McGuinn!

Ric12, I saw that you have been a long time member, that is why I welcomed you back. I really wasn't suggesting that you change it. Just pointing out that there is some similarity that sometimes leads to mistaken identity. There are probably other handles that are close as well. Congratulations on the new guitar and we do like our TruArcs.

I think this is a different Ric12. Ric12String (Bob) knows Proteus well.

– FritzTheCat

Now, this screen name will be sure to create some confusion. Hmmm.

And yes, I know where to find Tru-Arc™ bridges.

EDIT: I hadn't seen that others has noticed the similarities. . It's all good. Of course, like I tell my kids who share my name, don't say anything that will reflect poorly upon me!

Hey, Bob- Is this where I make the "serves to confuse" argument? Most here call Ric12string Ric12, RickyBob or just Bob.

When I saw the post I thought it was strange that Bob would not know the answer since he's a personal friend of the TruArc maker. Confused me enough to read the thread. Just sayin'.

IMO, could get crazy. No? How about just a old cowboy rather than an old cowboy? Or Billy D rather than Billy D Light?

YMMV

As a "Bob" who owns a Ric 12 string, I'm confused. Am I a now a lawyer?

Not interested in arguing IP law today. Just pointing out the obvious issue of confusing members. Again, YMMV

As a "Bob" who owns a Ric 12 string, I'm confused. Am I a now a lawyer?

– Bob Howard

Yes you are. You are cursed for life!

To think, I didn't need to go to three years of law school, just needed to buy another 12 string and change my name. My dad was a Bob so a lot of people call me that anyway.

Wait, you have to go to school to be a lawyer?

I thought it just happened automatically when another lawyer bit you on the neck.

I keed, I keed.

Lawyers and proctologists - nobody loves them until they really need them.

Register Sign in to join the conversation