Electromatics

The Sailor Jerry 5120

I really like the green. the polka dots... not so much.

I said WTF on the polka dots for a second but its growing on me at the speed of sound...

thats what everyone told me when i was painting it, they said it wouldnt look good and that i should have done red and white polka dots. but i said no and i am very pleased with how it came out. everyone else likes it too.

oh and HotRodMichelle, i didnt mean that i dont like the cholo lowriders, its just that the guys who worked on the car could have done a little bit of research. they just chopped parts off of the frame left and right, structurally important parts :| and i do plan on getting air bags in her soon. but as she lies now her body is sitting off of the frame.

and i really did the look of your ford. glad you kept fenders on it:D

thanks to all who dig my 5120.

I thinkm it's fantastic how the polka dots all line up like they came on a sheet or something. Excellent work. Couldn't have been easy.

actually could have been easier than i made it. normally you are supposed to lay down the polka dot color and then spray the other color. i just wasnt thinking so i sprayed the green first and then used a dot stencil. could have saved myself hours of work but if water off a duck's back now.

its cool if you dont like the polka dots garageink, i guess i cant win em all.

Polka dots on a green Gretsch...Buddy Guy meets Brian Setzer. I like it.

Here's a picture of my truck for you. The one in my avatar is just fodder for inspiration.

luv that Sailor Jerry's Rum with coke...and I believe I saw polka dots on my gretsch once after too much.

I dig the front of the guitar and I like the green but I'd put small eyeballs inside the white dots so they dont look like polka dots.

I'm not a rum drinker, but I had Sailor Jerry with coke and it made all the sense in the world...glass after glass after glass. Unfortunately, it does the same thing to me that other liquor does...reminds me why i pretty much just stick to beer these days. Nobody likes the liquored-up mark t.

Man that truck sure looks like a hell of a lot of fun!!! i really dig it.

here is a shot of my buick the day i got it. the pink on the fenders is about a half inch of bondo. in some areas the bondo was thicker than 1". by now ive removed it all and the fenders werent even dented or warped enough to warrant such a bondo abuse.

WiredTurtle, now thats a way cool idea. where were you when i was painting this thing so you could have told me to do eyeballs instead of just dots. maybe on my next gretsch project.:D and yeah i understand what you mean Mark T, i dont tip the bottle much either.

I'm not a rum drinker, but I had Sailor Jerry with coke and it made all the sense in the world...glass after glass after glass. Unfortunately, it does the same thing to me that other liquor does...reminds me why i pretty much just stick to beer these days. Nobody likes the liquored-up mark t.

– markt

– mark t

I'm with ya on the sailor drunk monkey. I do however like to make candied sweet potatoes with sailor jerry, brown sugar and cinimmmmmomm... sinnermom,, synonym.... Cimonim..ah heeyeck..

That is amazing work. You drew all that Sailor Jerry flash yourself? Great skills, man.

I love Sailor Jerry flash. I once bought a guitar on eBay because it had an SJ design on it.

And a few weeks ago, I decided I needed something for the Bigsby on one of my 5120s. The solution? A modified Sailor Jerry belt buckle.

Yes!!! that bigsby looks way awsome. :D

and i didnt so much draw them as much as i made a stencil for the silhouette and then fill it in with my airbrush gun. i did use a fine tip sharpie though to outline. thanks

Stenciling and airbrushing are close enough to drawing in my book. I just buy stickers and go that way.

As it turns out, I thought the "Poison" flash in the first guitar was something akin to what you did to your guitar. When I got it, I was slightly disappointed to find out it was only a sticker. But, looking into the stickers led me to all the other Sailor Jerry stuff online, including shirts, belt buckles, and rum (!), and then on to other great artists like Vince Ray. It's been quite enlightening.

i actually never paid much attention to sailor jerry tattoos and then one day the idea poped in my head to paint them on a gretsch. soon after i spent hours on google just looking them up and seeing how cool they really are. and sticker or not that still looks cool!

Great looking guitar! I love it!

Tavo, you crack me up. Just sayin'...

Register Sign in to join the conversation