Electromatics

The Sailor Jerry 5120

Hey there im new to the Gretsch pages and therefore i want to earn some credentials. this is a 5120 that i bought from a friend of mine. it originally was a walnut colored body with some gretschbuckers. after thinking it through i decided to go for it and give her a new paintjob. since ive just been getting somewhat good at aribrushing i thought i would do some sailor jerry tattoos on her. the picture shows the front of the body only and i have put her together since then. the back is house of kolor lime time with off white polka dots. after i painted her i sprayed nitro lacquer then wet sanded and buffed her. for the pickups i got a gfs ny in the bridge and a gfs p90 in the neck. i will put up pictures of her all put together later but for now this is all i got. thanks and i hope you like it

Well I haven't heard THAT name in about 45 years!

I have some tattoos by Buddy Mott, Sailor Jerry's opposite number in Newport, RI c 1969.

When I was in the Navy I knew some sailors with Sailor jerry tattoos. :D

nothing beats old school sailor jerry tats.

hey i read up on how to load pictures but it didnt seem to work. sorry if that is such a newbie question

To post a photo, the pic has to be loaded into an online storage site such as Photobucket. In the menu below your pic you click on "Direct Link." This essentially copies for forwarding. Then in your GDP post, you click the camera icon ("Insert Image") above your post box, right click in the link box, click "copy", then click "okay" The pic will appear in your post.

Welcome to the GDP family Jose. You do nice work!

Killer job man! I'd love to see the back too.

Welcome to the best forum on the net!

Welcome Jose!!!!

Nice work. I really dig it. :) I particularly like that G brand tat, but of course all of it together is spectacular. :P

thanks dudes. glad you like it:D

ok i took some pictures this morning so lets see if i can post them.

That is over the top, dude!!!!!! :D

Way cool. :P

Hot Green with Polka dots. WOW!!!

Out a site. 8-)

Fan-freeking-tastic, that is gorgeous!

That green is awesome. I might have to use that on something.

That's the way to mod something. All the way!

Great, but don't understand the back color???

those pictures dont really do the color justice. here is a shot i took a while back. when the sun hits it its just the best thing ever in my opinion.

Hey Jose, is that a '53 - '47 Chevy truck in your avatat?

Oh! Never mind. I just realized that if I click on your profile that you might have made mention of it there.....to which you did.

1940 Buick....very cool. Welcome to this virtual place.

thanks a lot. and yes that is my 1940 buick special. 4 door sedan with suicide doors, original straight 8 motor that runs like a champ, and plenty of stuff that i have to do to it.:D

i bought the buick last june. bought it from some guy who wanted to make it a cholo style lowrider with hydraulics and all. so they decided to chop up the frame in uncalculated ways. im still fixing up the frame where they made mistakes. when i get ready to paint it im gonna probably paint it the same green as the gretsch in this thread.

and is that a 28-30 ford pickup in your avatar? looks bitchin8-)

those pictures dont really do the color justice. here is a shot i took a while back. when the sun hits it its just the best thing ever in my opinion.

– Rattlecat

– RattleCat

Certainly irredescent! 8-)

Very cool Rattle Cat! The green is stellar and it would make that Buick a neat kustom! ¡Tan Chido! However, I have a 1948 Chevy Fleetline and that one is done in the bomb chola lowrider style. So, bags on a bomb are way cool in my book.

My avatar is a 1930-31 style Model A Ford pick'em up. I am currently selling my 1930 A-bone pick up; but, were I able to keep it, then, that is the inspiration for the look I was going after. The '28-'29s are the cracker box cabs that carried/used-up the last of the Model T parts. Totally a different body style of truck.

Nice to e-meet you.8-)

WOW!!! That is cool!!! Who would have ever thought that green polka dot would look so banging!! And those tats rule!! I totally love it!

I said WTF on the polka dots for a second but its growing on me at the speed of sound...

Register Sign in to join the conversation