Electromatics

NGD 5420TG-59

Arrived this morning from Sweetwater. 5420TG-59. Color is Vintage Orange. Little bit out of tune, but fixed that.

Wheee! This thing is purty!

Aluminum Tru-Arc ordered.

I saw them at gearfest. They did a great job on these. Congrats!

Congrats sir,love that colour!

Good looking guitar and I love dealing with Sweetwater. Reading the specs it says it has a compressed rosewood fretboard and bridge base. Does anyone know what compressed rosewood means?

Good looking guitar and I love dealing with Sweetwater. Reading the specs it says it has a compressed rosewood fretboard and bridge base. Does anyone know what compressed rosewood means?

– Enis Penvy

I can't see the difference between this bridge base and the base on my 2008 5120. Can you?

I can't see the difference between this bridge base and the base on my 2008 5120. Can you?

– Blutonium

Hi Blutonium, beautiful guitar! Wood compression is done to increase its density, and can be found in all types wood (think pressure treated lumber). The Japanese have been experimenting with a type of renewable cedar, compressing it, after being soaked in phenolic resin, making it into a replacement for rosewood, which has come under high scrutiny as an endangered species. I doubt you will be able to visually tell much difference between compressed and non-compressed rosewood, though I think compressed rosewood may reflect light a bit differently making it tad darker. Compression helps increase the rosewoods ability to transfer the vibration of the strings from the bridge, to the top of the guitar, and to be a more durable fretboard, hope this helps.

Lordy, that's a beauty. Gretsch hit a homer with this one.

Congrats and enjoy

They moved the bridge pickup back towards the bridge! This is my only issue with the stock 5420s and 5422s.

Congratulations!

Nice! I'm ordering one for my son, waiting for his grad party to give it to him. I have a gold jack plate and a nickel Faber bridge with brass saddles waiting for it. He's been lusting after a 5420 for about 3 years, the Sweetwater -TG looks like it was custom made just for him.

she's a beauty! Congrats!

Pardon my ignerts, but what is the difference between a regular ol' G5420T and a G5420T-59. Thanks!!

Looks like it would make an economical platform for a Setzer tribute

I have the Fairlane blue 5420 2017 and a 2005 SSLVO ..comparing the pickup spacing between the two- the SSLVO still is a bit wider . I can measure if anyone is interested. when did the move the bridge pickup? Wasn't aware of that.

That is lovely!! I really enjoy my 5420T a LOT!

Pardon my ignerts, but what is the difference between a regular ol' G5420T and a G5420T-59. Thanks!!

– Steve Sanders

"Vintage" orange finish, smattering of gold hardware.

Register Sign in to join the conversation