Pickups

What do you do when it’s -27C outside

You change pickups, I have had a few sets in this jet. The original powertrons didn't work for me, I had a set of classics in it which I really like but I just got these supertrons back from getting some new leads put on them. I got them out of a 1968 streamliner. These things sound pretty darn good. I'm just fiddling with them since they are 4.2 and 4.3 k trying to at least balance them volume wise the neck is a bit louder. Sounds great through my pre CBS stack

Do you like the change in sound?

Do you like the change in sound?

– Suprdave

Sure do Dave, they're a little different then a typical filter, more bass in the neck, pretty smooth sounding bridge pickup too. With both pickups on sounds sort of like a filtertron

I love my Supertrons in my tele. More than my Classics. Nice Amps BTW

-27...... You move. Another state another country.... just somewhere else. Yikes.

-27...... You move. Another state another country.... just somewhere else. Yikes.

– Bonedaddy

I have contemplated it this year but I have started to embrace the cold weather, I live in Canada I should be okay with it. I think there is another week of these type of temps then it warms up to -10C warm enough to hit the outdoor rinks for some hockey.

It was -17C (+2F) here in NJ when I woke up.

Gotta move south. As my brother says "New Jersey is a great place to be FROM".

Uh... Play GUitar?

– Billy D Light

Believe me I do, just ask my wife

Looks good but I'd have to dye the bridge base black.

Looks good but I'd have to dye the bridge base black.

– Tubs

Yes I have had a few comments on that prior to this post, how the heck do I do that and what is the product I should be looking for?

I've got an extra ebony base you can have. I can give it to you at the Roundup. If you can't wait that long you can use Flebing's Leather Dye. It can be found at your local cobbler shop.

Hey man play that killer red Annie thru that black panel stack.

– Bonedaddy

Amen, BD!

I've got an extra ebony base you can have. I can give it to you at the Roundup. If you can't wait that long you can use Flebing's Leather Dye. It can be found at your local cobbler shop.

– dmanlow

Thanks for the tip mr. manlow, I'll take that bridge off your hands, bring it down in May thanks

It was -17C (+2F) here in NJ when I woke up.

Gotta move south. As my brother says "New Jersey is a great place to be FROM".

– NJBob

You know which direction to head... it was a balmy +27F here today with freezing rain and sleet.

Wow -27 is cold. Just as well you like playing guitar and not golf!

Register Sign in to join the conversation